Skip to main content

V10 MTU

13 years 6 months ago #23431 by
Replied by on topic Re: V10 MTU
Good one, Ray. Just remember to keep up the pressure. More letters, even phone calls, just to make sure your request doesn't get filed in the "Hold" tray.
The old adage, about the squeaky wheel gets oiled first, is never truer. than when you're dealing with Govt Depts .. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #23432 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: V10 MTU
Another bit of news. I have received an email from a person, who I will keep anonymous at this point, that is prepared to help and has an inside contact. Needless to say more letter writing is in the offing and we will see what happens. Obviously going by the number of views on this subject a lot of people are interested in the outcome.

More
13 years 3 months ago #23433 by ray
Well it's taken them a while, but I finally got another NO from this Government. The stated reason is that there is asbestos inside the engine therefore I can't have one. SO it was back on the keyboard and tell them to re-read the original letter I sent which gave the MTU engineers name and his report that there is NO asbestos inside the engine. I also included the comments from a new workmate that worked on Leopards that "the asbestos was removed years ago during routine servicing". Time to sit back now and await another knockback

More
13 years 1 week ago #23434 by ray
OK, here we go again. Got another email yesterday from the Government to say they received my email and now they are passing on my comments to the appropriate people. Only took them 3 months to acknowledge it! Geez they are on the ball.

13 years 1 week ago #23435 by
Replied by on topic Re: V10 MTU
Ray, Just keep bashing away.

You will get one, and it will be worth the effort.

Cheers
RS :)

More
12 years 11 months ago #23436 by Kwopper
Replied by Kwopper on topic Re: V10 MTU
Upwey RSL, Victoria. got their Leopard delivered about 2 months ago. Was lifted off the float and put into position.

More
12 years 11 months ago #23437 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: V10 MTU
Yes noticed that on ANZAC day looks good sitting up there
Geoffb

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #23438 by ray
Time for another update, possibly the second last one. I received an email from the Defence Dept to tell me to expect a phone call some time in the next 2 weeks. I am not holding my breath as I fully expect to be told to bugger off and stop annoying them. Don't know why, as it's only been 15 months that I have been on their backs.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by ray.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #23439 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Re: V10 MTU
Re Upwey RSL, this was supplied by John via a mutual friend for publishing in May 11 RNV, so I am sharing it here too.
110217Th-JohnRichardson-P1070687

You might get help from the Greens: that dictatorial party is now pushing for a tax on anyone who hasn't installed a tank in their garden.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Roderick Smith.

More
12 years 8 months ago #23440 by ray
I received a phone call from the Defence Dept today and what it boiled down to was that no tank engine would be forthcoming. This didn't surprise me after all the knockbacks up till now. What did interest me was the comment that "after testing by the Defence Dept it was determined that asbestos was present inside the engines" I wonder who put it in there as MTU certainly didn't? Obviously just another smokescreen to disguise this waste of public money! By the way, the engines in the Leopards going to RSL's still have asbestos in them but because it is "sealed" it is alright.

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds