Skip to main content

Gryphon's drive about pics

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #245656 by theabundantlife
[quote=Wheels look too wide for VW. Could be early Landrover or even FJ Holden, all had same bolt patten.[/quote]

You learn something new every day. Thank you sir!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 day ago - 11 months 1 day ago #245903 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Gryphon's drive about pics
Hi,

still in Wilmington we accidentally came across this place having a perpetual 'garage sale'.

The story behind it is a young couple from Port Augusta were looking for some parts for a Holden they were doing up and someone they knew had a friend who was playing caretaker on a property of a deceased estate that had the parts they needed. They visited the property, saw what was there, made an offer and ended up buying the whole property as is. They were renovating the 'house' to be able to move in and anything in the fenced off area was the 'garage sale'. They showed us around, but not the two sheds that sounded like they had the really good stuff in them. :(

The tractor with the welder on top is from this property.

This Bedford on the side of the driveway is for sale.
Last edit: 11 months 1 day ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
11 months 1 day ago #245904 by Gryphon
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
11 months 1 day ago #245905 by Gryphon
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, Southbound, wee-allis, xspanrman

More
11 months 1 day ago - 11 months 1 day ago #245906 by Gryphon
The open shed with all the panels had a few diamonds in amongst the rocks and being a mostly dry climate there was little more than surface rust on most of them. There was also a few pairs or complete sets of door, bonnet and boot lids for 60's /70's/80's cars. Looks like I didn't take any photos but there were a couple of other three sided sheds with engines. In the garage sale area there was a couple of brand new HQ Holden chrome bumpers still in the boxes.

Terry
Last edit: 11 months 1 day ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, asw120, Southbound, V8Ian, wee-allis

More
9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #246736 by Gryphon
Hi,

while down at Bunnings(only if I have to) today interrupting the staff by wanting to make a purchase I spied this in the trades section.

Looked like a very fresh restoration.

Terry
Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, ianoz, Inter-Action, Lang, PaulFH, asw120, grandad, wee-allis and 1 other people also said thanks.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #246740 by Mrsmackpaul

Hi,

while down at Bunnings(only if I have to) today interrupting the staff by wanting to make a purchase I spied this in the trades section.

Looked like a very fresh restoration.

Terry

A sharp looking Chevy

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.635 seconds