Skip to main content

Upton Tractors and UD's

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #246693 by Ozfury
Replied by Ozfury on topic Upton Tractors and UD's
There was a bloke in Townsville who repowered a petrol Looselybilt with a UD5 in the late 1970s. It used to scream along at about 85ks flat stick carting sand from the Black River sandpit. Ended up going over the side of a bridge and being written off.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #246701 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Upton Tractors and UD's
Last one Ive seen on road was Geoff Smith from Archerfield ,he had one in a restored KM Bedford ........the motor was imported new ,not a worn out one.........Stradbroke Transport imported it around 1970.........anyway ,even though Geoff lives just behind the Stantons ,I hadnt seen him for years,when he came into the sandblasters with a new tanker from Hockneys ........seems he had a spare time job shifting their new tankers around ........anyhoo,last I heard the motor had grabbed a liner ,and was off the road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #246716 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Upton Tractors and UD's
We had two UD repowers on here, one was Pat Melonroe, not heard from him for many years the other name escapes me….and a local bloke sold a 190 UD repower a few years ago….. McQuarrie industries in coburg had boxes of used ex Japan engines cheap. My brother fitted a 5 cyl one to a MAN 760…. It flew LOUDLY… until sold….

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #246719 by KelOz
Replied by KelOz on topic Upton Tractors and UD's
i forgot about the km bedford john, when he wasnt shifting tankers it pulled a fair lump of a john deere around with a slasher on it, if memory servse me right, was a nice looking truck and as someone said made the right noise

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #246728 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Upton Tractors and UD's
There was a fella on here with a Commer, from memory.

Jarrod

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #249021 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Upton Tractors and UD's

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, theabundantlife

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds