Skip to main content

fun with the tractors

More
13 years 2 months ago #45915 by Mike Moore
gave the 564 a workout. got the injectors and starter reconditioned. oil change and the other basic things you do to a vintage tractor. took it to colac tractor pull. pulled 60-70 metes. needs water in the tyres though

that didnt warm it up muxh so i hooked it up to the scarifier. that got it some heat into it.

1971 International ACCO &&1971 International 564 &&196? Nuffield BMC mini &&

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #45916 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: fun with the tractors
Mike, very nice co-incidence, we both have an ACCO and a 564, you have the B series, and I have the A, Different air cleaners for the uninitiated...

yours is not dribbling gallons of water from the radiator either.... you dont have a spare do you??? ;)

my 21 tyne Horwood Bagshaw makes it bark a bit. ;D

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
13 years 2 months ago #45917 by Mike Moore
yeah thats a good co-incedence. my 564 had a gason on it but the roof is rusted badly. fixable but im going to find some normal guards for it. but my radiator is good, i havnt got a spare though. im onto a 554 with parts i need, the radiator might be alright on it. if i get my mits on it i will let you know if you want. does yours happen to rev flat out at 1500rpm? they should go to 1750 i think.

More
13 years 2 months ago #45918 by Sarge
Thanks Mike, I finally got a response from Alan Lendon at Carisbrooke, he wrecks old inters, I didnt think about what was what... he had 4 feet of water through his house ... so he is a bit busy, but says he was insured :D ;D :) he is going out to his yard in a few days to see what he can turn up....

I ditched my cab, not a gason and not properly mounted.... now I front enter properly instead of climbing in over the linkage...

Revs.... mine runs at 1800 all day except when I bury the scari, that drags her back a bit... :D:D

/me

Sarge B)

More
13 years 2 months ago #45919 by Mike Moore
oh thats bad for him. i reckon the cabs dont look that good on them so thats half the reason it got removed. my cab had a tiny door i could squeeze through. ill have to find a way to tap my revs up then. when the old tyres bite it dies farely quick

More
13 years 2 months ago #45920 by Sarge
Mike, is it an inline or rotary pump and are the revs limited by the throtle shaft and linkage (as opposed to the stop screw on the pump)

Photos of step etc on a pm to you

/me

Sarge B)

More
12 years 11 months ago #45921 by tongalafarm
Revvin them ol inters might be lookin for a ventilated sump : :o

More
12 years 11 months ago #45922 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: fun with the tractors
DONT go revin them old inters up. if you think its hard to find a radiator :o try looking for a good 554 crankshaft :'( :'( :'( :'(
all their power and touque is down low in the RPM....if you seriously want to pull well (look around for a tractor with serial numbers that end in X3A , ie xxxxxx-x3A. x3A stands for lower gear ratios

More
12 years 11 months ago #45923 by Mike Moore
yeah i havn't revved it stupidly. they revved at 1970rpm from the factory i do believe. when i bought it it was restricted to 1500 by a screw on the throttle lever. i adjusted it in and now it revs at 1800. it makes ploughing that little bit easier :D

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds