More
12 years 7 months ago #62268 by q4016lanz
countryman 354

60da

P6 county fordson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #62269 by q4016lanz
Here is more tractor pull techniques found some old picturers ;D ;)

try two this time have a gess whats make they are
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by q4016lanz.

More
12 years 7 months ago #62270 by kenny-mopar
never been to a tractor pull ...does the "skid" slowly dig into the ground to create more pull ? , until the tractor eventually runs out of puff or traction ?

More
12 years 7 months ago #62271 by q4016lanz

never been to a tractor pull ...does the "skid" slowly dig into the ground to create more pull ? , until the tractor eventually runs out of puff or traction ?

Yes Kenny as the weighted box of concret or water on top of the sled moves forward it puts more fricsion on the frount skid plate biger tractor you put more weight on

More
12 years 7 months ago #62272 by kenny-mopar
cheers .. ive always wondered

12 years 7 months ago #62273 by
Replied by on topic Re: Tractor pulls - technique

try two this time have a guess what make they are

The second tractor is a Howard? Not sure on the ID of the front tractor, it's too far away for me. :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #62274 by q4016lanz

try two this time have a guess what make they are

The second tractor is a Howard? Not sure on the ID of the front tractor, it's too far away for me. :)

Hi onetrack the first one is howard DH22 :) the frount one is a howard 2000 :) 10hp brigs-straton motor ;D

12 years 7 months ago #62275 by
Once went to the Bullato (Vic) tractor pull and they loaded the sled with as much weight as they could muster and the machine got a full pull was a steam traction engine it was unreal this engine could not be stoped . Dave

12 years 7 months ago #62276 by
Always remember at one tractor pull a mate had his traction engine on the sled with full weight on it. A guy next to me asked, " how do you think it will go?".

Well I said it is only about a 7 horse power traction engine so the only question is when are they likely to catch him and ask him to stop? And it proved the case me mate let the engine tick over until halfway where it started to slow down then he just opened the throttle and let it go. Full pull without strain but it did sound great!

Another one is a full sled behind two big Lanz Bulldogs. Of course they both went full pull. But they were also going in and out of sync with the engine noise and were putting about a foot of flame out of each exhaust. Magic!

More
12 years 6 months ago #62277 by q4016lanz
I personaly dont like it when they hook the chains up high like this i think it is unsafe. should be around 18 inches of the ground is there a legal height for the chains on sled :-/ >:( This is not my picture i stole it :) :)

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds