Skip to main content

Waikerie Rally

More
12 years 6 months ago #64027 by Tacho
Waikerie Rally was created by Tacho
G'day all,
The bi-annual Riverland Hit' n 'Miss Rally was held at Benson Park, east of Waikerie on the Sturt highway a couple of week-ends ago. It is held over two days, has the usual displays of tractors, engines, collections and a tractor pull. Here's a few pic's.

My tractors loaded and ready to go.

Very tidy MF4880

Nice Inter 650

Henry's house Mk2. The box on the linkage is where Henry camps on treks. This one is made from cool room cladding. The MF 65 has some 35 bits in the back end and is capable of 42 kph.

Belarus 900, which surprised everybody in the tractor pull, where it was not too far behind the Chamberlain Super 70's and 90 in the over 50 hp class. The trick is to have the drawbar height at the maximum allowed 21 inches (about 533 mm) above ground level. This is particularly important with this sled because it has a high pull point from the sled ground plate.

Lovely old Jelbart.

Poor little Fordson taking on the brute sled!

John Deere AR

Nuffield 10-60 which is for sale

2x Cat D2's

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64028 by q4016lanz
Replied by q4016lanz on topic Re: Waikerie Rally
THANKS TACHO :)
Nice to see pictures of other rallys good to see the litle tractors on the sled have you got a side on pic of the hookup point on sled :) :) John

More
12 years 6 months ago #64029 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: Waikerie Rally
John, I don't have a side-on pic of the sled hitching point. If the tractor pull point was below about 18'' then the skid plate would be pulled down and add more load, so the locals all had high drawbars and used D shackles off the top tongue to keep the load up. You can see by the Cat D2 photo the amount of soil build-up in front of the plate, and on the Sunday a lot of dirt had built up on top of the plate adding more weight. The end result was some tractors didn't perform at all well (including one of mine) so the crowd didn't get to see a reasonable contest.
Geoff

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 6 months ago #64030 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Waikerie Rally

Tacho
Gudday M8

Gr8 Bunch of pix
Keep m cummin

Also Gr8 2 C how the other half live
LOL

Cya
[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 6 months ago #64031 by oldfulla
Replied by oldfulla on topic Re: Waikerie Rally
Tacho

Do you happen to know the 'model number' of the 2 Case tractors in the tractor pull photos? I think they are the same 2 as shown in the first photo - loaded on the trailer.

Just that I would love to know if they are either an 830 or a 930.

Many moons ago I ploughed many sqr miles on both 830's and 930's - both with a Fordson hooked to the back.

And I dont have a photo of either model for old times sake - so if either of these machines match either of those models, that would be great.

Oldfulla - hoping :P

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #64032 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: Waikerie Rally
oldfulla, the tractor with the lights built into the grill is a 1962 Case 930, and the other is a rarer 1958 model 600 which was only produced for one year.

Geoff
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Tacho.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64033 by oldfulla
Replied by oldfulla on topic Re: Waikerie Rally
Thanks for that info Jeff - tis appreciated.

Oldfulla :D

Time to create page: 0.602 seconds