Skip to main content

Geelong Show 2011 Pics

More
12 years 5 months ago #66015 by Slimline871
Gday All,
thought id share some pics of our clubs display at the Geelong Show...

Cheers,
Slim ;)

&&1924 Hart-Parr Type 20&&1966 Chamberlain super 90&&1959 Twin City G-vi&

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #66016 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Re: Geelong Show 2011 Pics
A lot of really interesting old ones there, thanks for the pics. David.

More
12 years 5 months ago #66017 by q4016lanz
You guys have some nice old tractors down south :) :)

12 years 5 months ago #66018 by
Replied by on topic Re: Geelong Show 2011 Pics
Slimline , thanks ol' mate - great work . ;) ;) ;)

12 years 5 months ago #66019 by
And what year was those pics taken as couldnt been last year as it was a poor showing . Dave

More
12 years 5 months ago #66020 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: Geelong Show 2011 Pics
G'day Dave, that's this years Geelong Agricultural show. Not the Vintage show early in the year that we were at. Cya tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
12 years 5 months ago #66021 by Slimline871
Gday Dave,
Just wondering if your available to give us a hand in January to help set up and run our small but enjoyable rally, of which im sure you would have some valuble imput. As like most clubs, the gab between old and young is increasing considerably and the work load seems to always fall on the same few members. Maybe you could volunteer some time on the gates, collecting the small fee off the public for their admittance? this would free up some time for that same small group of members so they could perhaps wander over into the neatly fenced compound (put up by yes, the same small group) and fire up an old tractor or two? Or, maybe you could jump on the phone to cirque de soleil and strap their tent on the back of your mighty Bedford, so the Women and children would have something to entertain them for hours on end whilst the Men folk have a bit of a gander through the sheds?
Feel free to put your money where your mouth is old mate, ill pencil you down on the roster eh?
Cheers,
Slim ;)

&&1924 Hart-Parr Type 20&&1966 Chamberlain super 90&&1959 Twin City G-vi&

More
12 years 5 months ago #66022 by Intermodel63
Nice rollup Slim you have all done well.

12 years 5 months ago #66023 by
Hi Slim ,
I have put your name down at our show in Nov and you will be working in the tent so dont bring your camera as you wont see very much as we also have small group put on a big show but if you need my help just ring me and I will give you a hand .

And if you want some advise on how to make it better show just pm me I will give you my phone number and we can have a chat. Dave

12 years 5 months ago #66024 by
Slim,

I think you have just mention an issue all clubs have no matter how big or small. Always the same few doing all the work.

I do think however got to be careful of what you put on your advertising. As reference to your Vintage Rally advert indicates ".. one of the biggest and best displays of restored and working Vintage machinery and tractors in Australia...". I expected to see a lot more on display when I visited and also did expect to see more activity occuring. Never expected it to be the size it was and I never realised just how small a group you guys have also.

So while it is expected to stretch things in advertising have to be careful that you don't over build expectations as that leads to disappointment :'(

Might try and get down their again next year. But it is at the worst and hottest part of the year for a Rally. Will have to see how I go.

Keep up the good work. And look after your members and promote joinging to new members as they are most important.

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds