Skip to main content

Case L tractor

More
12 years 5 months ago #68731 by Tacho
Case L tractor was created by Tacho
G'day,
I am currently working on a 1938 Case L, and now preparing for painting. The photo shows it before I attacked it with a Spitwater pressure washer with the heat turned fully up to 150 deg which lifted off the red, and a blue/grey underneath that, to the original battleship grey which has the decals still visible.

I have searched the internet and almost all of the restored tractor photo's show them in blue/grey, and those I have seen at collector sales and rally's are similar.

Does anyone on this forum know if there was a colour change during their production from 1929 to 1940, or where I can find out the true colour. I have a colour code of B13017 Grey and B13010 Red (wheels) but this paint is no longer available from CaseIH. (neither is Flambeau Red or Desert Sunset Yellow used in later series)

All this fuss is because I figure if I am going to paint it then I would like to get the colour reasonably close to correct.
Cheers Geoff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #68732 by q4016lanz
Replied by q4016lanz on topic Re: Case L tractor
Hi Tacho I think the dark gray is the coulor nearly every one you se is a different gray :)john
www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/4/...i-case-l-photos.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds