Skip to main content

My Family bus photo's (late 20's to 50's)

More
12 years 2 months ago #77841 by Chugga
I have taken a few photo's (sorry, lack of scanner) of the old pictures I have of the family's old buses.

There is a thread on the BusAustralia forum with a heap of photo's that members there kindly displayed for me. Here is the link www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39862

Now, I've got a few older pictures that I'd like to share with you, the quality is a little poor due to not being able to scan them, but when I get a chance to scan them properly, I will.

I'll start with the late 20's Packard

possibly a Studebaker? AFAIK.

Fageol

And another (same bus)

Grandpa always referred to this as the white Diamond so I'll assume it's a Diamond T

Fairly sure this is a Diamond also but IDSTBC

Diamond or Inter?

Unsure but possibly another Diamond

KB5? International

KS International

The same KS with Grandpa standing in front (was the bus he regularly drove)

Have a feeling this is the KB5 from side on

D30 International?

Sorry, this one is pretty blurry but I'm certain it's a Reo

I've got a few more here that I'll hopefully get up on Photobucket tonight. If I've made any mistakes in the I.D's of these buses feel free to submit your 2 cents worth. I'm trying to get these I.D'd so I can put them in the album at home.

If anyone has any information or pictures that they would like to share of Choat's buses in South Oz I'd be very excited to see them. :D

Cheers,
Chugga (and his old Man) ;D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #77842 by grumpy
Got no photos but I remember them well. Rode on one every morning when I went to Crafers School, every morning and every afternoon rode em to and from high school, then when I started work, every day to and from........Adelaide to Piccadilly. A lot has changed between then and now.

More
12 years 2 months ago #77843 by RMJ
Thanks for the reply , we have checked your photos and they are great , also found lots on "Pictureaustralia " site.
Havent found any workshop photos. We are also looking for photos from Lawtons Port Road from 40s& 50s.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #77844 by Roderick Smith
Great photos. What is the bus (type & former operator) in the museum at Birdwood? Was it from an Adelaide Hills operator? It offers a sound track to help visitors step back in time.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #77845 by Tacho
G'day Roderick,
Re Birdwood Museum bus, are you talking about one of these?

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #77846 by Chugga

Great photos. What is the bus (type & former operator) in the museum at Birdwood? Was it from an Adelaide Hills operator? It offers a sound track to help visitors step back in time.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

G'day Roderick,

The bus you are referring to would be Graebers 1944 Diamond T. It's the second photo in the above post from Tacho. Graebers were based out of Lobethal in the Adelaide hills and worked between Lobethal and Adelaide.

I'm still trying to get proper scans of my photo's plus some more. :D

Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by Chugga.

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds