Skip to main content

Old Ski Boats

More
11 years 3 months ago #97040 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Old Ski Boats
Nice EH Ronnie, did you get your annual ski in?

Mairjimmy,I found a photo of my EH you asked to see back in the late 1960s.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97041 by Ronny G
Replied by Ronny G on topic Re: Old Ski Boats
Fingers crossed for tomorrow,Cam you wouldnt be doing much with the weather like it has been would you.
Ron

More
11 years 3 months ago #97042 by bigcam
You'll be right Ronnie! We went out the weekend before last, then Allora was last weekend. I think we are going to have to start going to Maroon again after this little flood. Didn't do much damage to houses and business's, but I think the shite farms maybe out of action again though I'm not 100% sure yet.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97043 by Ronny G
hi Cam,what does that meen if the shite farms are out of action does it flow into the Brisbane river?Well I got my ski in at last.A nice gentle land breeze this morning which is very unusual here this time of year.Got a couple of photos to prove it.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97044 by bigcam
Lookin like style Ronnie, wish I was down there.

The shite farms, aka, sewredge treatment plants, are obviously at the lower lying areas near the creeks and the river. There is a VFBig one on Oxley creek and another at Yeronga near where we ski. I'm certain the one at Yeronga is fine, but I'm not sure about the one on Oxley creek, but I'll be checking the council recomendations before we get back in the water. We were very lucky, the predicted flood was pretty much a non-event, so I'm hopefull it'll be fine.

That looks great down where you are, how do you reckon you'll feel tommorow after using a few muscles that havn't been worked for a while ? After Allora Brennan was saying he was a bit sore in the legs after tromping around in the mud and I laughed, bloody hell, the next day it happened to me! LOL.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97045 by Ronny G
Yes Cam I will probably have a few sore spots in the morning but I didnt wok to hard, so shouldnt be too bad.That is good you didnt get as much flooding as predicted.We came back through Brisbane with the caravan in about September a couple of years after your last lot.We intended to head around over the Gateway Bridge and have a look but the GPS took us on into the city until I changed the settings to allow toll roads and she sent us down what must be the longest tunnel in Australia and we didnt see anything.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97046 by HeyCharger
Replied by HeyCharger on topic Re: Old Ski Boats
The Bird Dog is owned by Jimmy Williams, aircraft engineer at Albury Airport.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97047 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Re: Old Ski Boats
Thanks for the Cessna info.
I did find one more Lake Hume ski-boat photo, modern, not old. It is from my deckie.

121231M Lake Hume waterskiing Geoff Warburton

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

More
11 years 3 months ago #97048 by bigcam
Here is the view at the ramp we use at Yeronga yesterday. The mini flood has left about a foot of mud on it. Usually they call the Fire Brigade and they just blast it off, not sure why they havn't, they look to be almost on top of the clean up. There were some big bits of trees in the water, and plenty of them. We had a quick go each seeing as we were in and then left, might have to leave it for another week or so. All the water was fresh too, so there must be a fair bit still coming out of the Dam.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97049 by Ronny G
Cam, That mud would feel good squelching up between your toes.Thats good they have just about got it cleaned up again.Seeya,gotto go round up a mob of sheep to bring home.

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds