Skip to main content

John Dring cartage contractors in Adelaide

• Jamie Watkinson
3 years 2 months ago #219252 by Jamie Watkinson
Replied by Jamie Watkinson on topic John Dring cartage contractors in Adelaide
I would like to thank Terry, Pierre and Mrsmackpaul , werkhorse for your information that you gave me and Pierre for that article page , the photos I sent had a interesting story behind it leave that for another email. But again thankyou
Regards

Jamie Watkinson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jamie Watkinson
3 years 2 months ago #219253 by Jamie Watkinson
Replied by Jamie Watkinson on topic John Dring cartage contractors in Adelaide
Yes long story short Dad was showing drings mechanic that the 3 tonne load limit was about 2kilometres away over the other side off main road . Story goes dad had run in with fork driver at refinery in regards to loading his truck dad wanted pallets loaded one way due to load not sitting right on pallets after much deliberation with both managments dad got his way as you can see 5tonne of sugar did not move truck as he never had it tied down , what you don't see are the other 2 trucks and to finish off his deliveries and the forklifts

More
3 years 2 months ago #219254 by wee-allis
What ever else we say about this situation, not a rope or tarp to be seen, yet no one bag of sugar hit the road. Perfect loading.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed

• Scott McDonald
3 years 1 month ago #220041 by Scott McDonald
Replied by Scott McDonald on topic John Dring cartage contractors in Adelaide
I'm the great grandson of John Dring, my mother was Betty Dring, I have plenty of pics and info, I worked there till it sold out. Your father was like most Dring staff, they stayed pretty much for life .. my grandfather Bull Dring was loved by his staff for being fair, caring and would give every staff members kids a presy via Santa in the depot, he would toot his horn before swinging into a shed or yard to give anybody not working a chance to look like they were, we had a hundred Bedford's towards the end and mechanics to keep them alive .. it wasn't unusual for a driver to have been there 30 years

Moderators: Sargehayseedjimbo51
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds