Skip to main content

Ab 110

More
9 years 8 months ago #123978 by spc383
Replied by spc383 on topic Re: Ab 110
Sorry i forgot about the ruler trick. In essence all you are trying to do is make a reference point on the panel so you can work out where it needs to fit up to and put the bottom of your ruler or square on the very bottom or corner of your piece. It doesn't matter where you cut but I try to make the cut line on an even measurement eg 100mm or 140mm . A lot easier remember than 97 or 136 for arguments sake when you are marking the patch. Always up for critesism and looking for better ways to do things as I am only a groundmen and not a panel beater I hope I can be of some help to someone.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #123979 by spc383
Been out cruising in the old girl this week and I have to say how much better it is with the honey pot fixed up and being so easy to change gears now. I ended up having to lengthen the gear stick where it goes into the shift tube by about 5 mm. Now I am just looking for an excuse to go for a spin. Now to put some colour on the repaired door and take some leaves out of the front and rear springs and fit my new twin piece exhaust manifold

More
9 years 8 months ago #123980 by AT4114
Replied by AT4114 on topic Re: Ab 110
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the completed bodywork spc by the way is that an original international color because it suits the tuck so well cheers Bryant :)

More
9 years 8 months ago #123981 by spc383
I love the factory colours on most old vehicles as it suits them and it is what they were. As far as I am aware Bryant it is a factory colour called Goulburn green. L248. I got some paint mixed up to try and blend in my repairs but the colour is a bit off. I am not sure what is going on as this is the third time i have tried to do this and each time it is not right and I am not going to repaint the ute as I am trying to leave most of it alone. GRRRRRRR I am going to try to alter the paint to get it closer to the original paint and I will post up some pics when I am happy with it. Any tips anyone?

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #123982 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: Ab 110
Hi,

I once knew a panel beater could match colour by eye.
Brewed up one spray pot at a time (small jobs, motorcycle tanks and side covers).
Magic.

More artiste than crash repairer.

-b

( or paint flames all over it ;D ?)

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Bobsboy.

More
9 years 8 months ago #123983 by spc383
Went out for some more testing on the weekend and I probably did 150 miles. It seemed to go ok. I need to fix the seat or get a later model one. Haven't sanded the new paint or polished it but needed to get it out in the sun to check out how far off the colour is. I also needed to shift a steel water tank and two roller doors so good excuse to be out in the sun.http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r773/clarkv83/20140914_125307_zpsiizv5jvb.jpg?t=1410748159

Not perfect but it will do for now. I also need to adjust the door as it doesn't close as nice as the other door.

More
9 years 7 months ago #123984 by spc383
Took the old girl over to chopped last weekend at Newstead. WOW what a weekend. Got 15L per 100kays out of it loaded up at 55-60 mph with half a tonne of wood in the back and all our camping gear. Pretty happy with that Before I left i treated the old girl to new plugs, points , condensor and leads. While i was at it I noticed that the coil was still wired up back to front? It's done a couple of thousand kays like that but as I changed the polarity it fried it in 10 seconds. So I treated it to a new coil as well. I met up with a few HCVC members over there too which was nice to be able to work out who has what etc and have a bit of a chin wag. Highlight of the weekend was cruising the campground with my mates with some chicks in the back playing a banjo singing songs and having a blast. I also got a little job done on the tailgate that my buddy Karl Stehn from KDS designs did for me. The only breakage I had was the strap on my water bag. A couple of happy snaps.

More
9 years 7 months ago #123985 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Ab 110
Good to see you out enjoying it

More
8 years 4 months ago #165268 by spc383
Hi y'all. Quick update the old girl is still going strong and i have really been enjoying the old girl since i last posted on here. The only thing I've done is alter the ride height and spring rates. It now rides like a cornfield Cadillac. Merry Christmas

More
8 years 4 months ago #165271 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Ab 110
spc383 I am glad you revived this thread as I missed them 15 months ago, good to see a old one out and about again and not rusting away. B) B) MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and you family,

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.Mab470648d154c350f293afbddd1adf13o0&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds