More
10 years 6 months ago #128360 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: New member old white
Nice Truck.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #128361 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: New member old white
Good looking truck there conrad, and by the name on the door, it came from not far from me. There has to be a story of how it got to be from SA to Nth Qld? You said it may have been an ex Smiths from Williamstown, just below the Barossa Valley, so would have had a colour change since then.

Welcome, and enjoy the ride. Cheers
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Tacho.

More
10 years 6 months ago #128362 by andy950
Replied by andy950 on topic Re: New member old white
That is a nice ol truck, was watchin it myself,wanted an 892, you beat me to it haha ;),
when you go to post the pic on this page you have to left click the mouse first on the icon then second where you want it, ie after your writing, when you've clicked it twice it should come up with paste, just click on that and your set ;)
cheers Andy

More
10 years 6 months ago #128363 by Acar DC7564
Gday Conrad, That was a well specced truck in her day and I knew the truck and its driver very well . It was sold new to Snowcrete services of Tanunda S.A. mainly towed a bogie semi tipper carting sand ect. They did cart grain with it as well but at the moment I cant remember if they used the same bogie tipper with extension sides or another one altogether . When they had it the truck was looked after very well and was always kept under cover . It was sold to Don (i think) Smith of Williamstown S.A. who also had a couple of cabover Kenworths as well ,one also powered by an 8v92t but Im not real sure what work he done with them and I cant remember seeing it working while he owned it . At some stage I believe the Road Commander and one of the KWs were advertised in the stock journal for about $20,000 each and thats when the old mate at Lochiel got it . A couple of years ago a mate and myself called in and had a look at it and the owner said that unfortunately the motor had been left idling for half a day which left her pretty worse for ware big time . I would think I should be able to track down some photos of it in the early part of her working life if you like mate . Im glad its gone to a good home , cheers for now Rob

1950 White superpower WC18R&&1966 Autocar DC7564rhd&&1980 White Road Boss &&

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #128364 by
Replied by on topic Re: New member old white
...good stuff Rob .. that sort of history makes the truck come ''alive'' with the new owner, and makes a real difference to the chat when sitting around with a sherbet in one's hand..... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) ;) ;)

... conrad .. she's as original as you'd ever expect to find....congratulations......and also welcome to the forum 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
10 years 4 months ago #128365 by conrad01
Replied by conrad01 on topic Re: New member old white
Have been doing a bit to the old girl and found what maybe original paint work. Was Snowcrete colours white cab with a gold and black stripes, or was she repainted again. Photo's show colours and where found. Think it was to hard to pull the parts off and paint there. Can't be seen when panels are back in theradiator well.Cheers
[IMG
[IMG

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #178139 by conrad01
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Gryphon.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178140 by conrad01
Replied by conrad01 on topic New member old white
CAN'T KNOW IF THE LINK WORKS. WILL TRY AGAIN LATER. CHEERS CONRAD

More
7 years 3 months ago #178144 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic New member old white

conrad01 wrote: CAN'T KNOW IF THE LINK WORKS. WILL TRY AGAIN LATER. CHEERS CONRAD

Conrad, Looks like your Flicker account privacy settings on On..

You can load your pics directly from your computer now.

1) open "reply" (NOT quick reply)_

2) click on "add file", find your image on your computer click "Open"

3) then click on "insert"

Any dramas PM me..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
7 years 3 months ago #178145 by conrad01
Replied by conrad01 on topic New member old white
Thanks Hayseed, Will try this.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds