Skip to main content

My Dodge project ..........

More
14 years 9 months ago #12318 by sidey
For some of you out there that travelled the east coast some 12-15 yrs ago might recognise the old dodge that i have been restoring , you might remember it being under one of Cubicos vans , it did the Bris - Adelaide - Melb - Bris run every fortnight ,...I got my hands on it a few years ago after it had been sitting in the weather behind a shed for 10 yrs , so it was pretty messed up ,still a way to go yet but it it coming along ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12319 by bigcam
Thats a nice truck Sidey.The little 6V53`s sound great. ;)

More
14 years 9 months ago #12320 by JimmyDodge
G'day Wayne,
great to see another Dodge D5N is going to return to screaming down the highway, and I mean that with a 6V53 Detroit under the bonnet!
Your truck is a lot closer than mine to being on the road.
My truck was originally a bogie drive prime mover that had been converted to a tipper. I did a of bit of research and found it was originally owned by Robbins transport who used to run it Melbourne / Sydney . I bet the drivers hated it with 6.16 ratio diffs which would have had it flat nacker at around 80 k's. That would have made it a long trip with a screemin' jimmy in your ear :o
Wayne does yours have a an RT 610 Roadranger in it ? if it does,could you possibly take a picture for me of the handbrake set up on the rear of the transmission as mine is missing the hand brake, just so I know what I need to try to track down .
Ta mate, good luck with it ,
regards Harleigh

More
14 years 9 months ago #12321 by sidey
Gidday Harleigh , will put up sum pics , What do u need , xactly ? I know where there is a couple layin around the flat...

More
14 years 9 months ago #12322 by bigcam
There`s a D5N out at Prices with a Cummins in it,I`m pretty sure it had a road ranger in it,might be a start for a handbrake.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12323 by paul404
she looks like shes coming along nicely. good work. :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #12324 by salesguy
Goodonya, sidey. Inspirational stuff for those like me who've hardly skinned a knuckle on their own projects lately....

1971 Dodge AT4 690H &&1961 Imperial Crown Coupe

More
14 years 9 months ago #12325 by Recy Mech
Yeah...I'll enter the chorus and agree that's a damn good setup.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12326 by bigcam
Bugg ;)er the AB 110 Ironman,get something with a Jimmy in it,would you prefer the sound of a Screamin GM,or breath the petrol fumes of an old Inter?

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #12327 by sidey
Here ya go Harleigh ,couple of pics of the park brake...........behind the 610 Bushranger , let me know how you go as i get around out in the backblocks a bit an might be able to source your missing bits
[IMG

[IMG
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sidey.

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds