Skip to main content

My Dodge project ..........

More
14 years 9 months ago #12328 by Sarge
Harleigh, that handbrake set up looks exactly the same as whats on my acco, and its a standard inter tailshaft brake...

there are a couple of tricks to setting them up right that I have been taught.... will provided info later if you like.

Sidey.... nice truck,

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12329 by JimmyDodge
G' day Wayne and Sarge,
Firstly thank you very much Wayne for the pics of the park brake.
I have a Chrysler D5N service manual, it lists two types of park brake, a drum brake and a disc brake set up . Unfortunately it didn't specify what type was used on what truck, but now I know , thanks Wayne.
What I am missing is the , drum, the brake shoes and the cable anchor/ bracket that I assume bolts on to the transmission somewhere.
Wayne if you come across any of these parts PM me and we'll see what we can work out, thanks again mate!
Sarge any advice is more than welcome, as this is my first truck resto , any tips or advice is a big help . I definitely don't want it to drag and burn linings etc.
thanks again , Harleigh

More
14 years 9 months ago #12330 by Sarge
Sidey,
these setups are very common, you should find them at any wreckers, if you have no luck, there is a box full of them here in Bendigo.

Will give the set up tips when you are ready

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 8 months ago #12331 by Andy Wright
G'day Sidey, welcome aboard. That's a bloody nice old Inter you've got there. Have you come across any pics of her in her prime?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 8 months ago #12332 by cribotow
Dodges are good looking things......... my next tow must have the jimmy,i will make holes in my muffler and pretend,no i will take it off and put the pipe next to the drivers window that should do!!! http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/cribpointtowing/dodgeAT4towrestoclearsale075.jpg?

&&Grasp

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds