Skip to main content

1951 Dodge Fargo Panel Van

More
10 years 1 month ago #140560 by Raggsie
Navigate your way here, s1171.photobucket.com/
and sign up (it`s free) great for storing all your pics and you can send em straight from your phone as well.
Rags

1956 International AR160&&196? International A414&&1988 Ford F250&&1982 FORD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140561 by bigcam
Yep, click on the link Raggsie put up for you and join up.
Then upload the pictures you want to put on here onto the photobucket.
Then have a look at this, Roland explains it pretty well-
www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1333481094

It is pretty easy.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140562 by Geekay
Here goes

More
10 years 1 month ago #140563 by Geekay
Wow, it worked. Thanks for the guide raggsie and bigcam. Previous post pic is an add I found which appears to be the same model.
Below is myfavourite restore I have seen so far (and I remember Clutch Cargo cartoon :-[

More
10 years 1 month ago #140564 by Geekay
Finally some pics.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140565 by Geekay
Now, where do I start?
I am thinking strip off panels and work on mechanics...motor, gearbox, diff, electrics on a running chassis.
It was driven to its resting place so all in tact.
Then.... next week...lol.
What is the quality of the steel in the panels?
Plenty of surface rust but hoping panels still recoverable.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140566 by FargoMarty
Hi Geekay, nice find. Looks identical in the engine bay to my 53 Fargo truck. It doesn't look as though the rust is much more than skin deep, so hopefully you don't have much to do to the body. If you're going to debadge it, let me know if you're interested in selling the badges on the side of the bonnets. What are the plans and how original are you going? I found out original style radiators are now $1500, made in NZ. Might be other cheaper sources for original though. I'm putting a VL Commodore V8 radiator in mine, heaps cheaper and just as effective. I think you can forget fishing for a while! I'm told I have a wife and daughter somewhere around...I'll actually be taking them down your way next week on holiday. Regards, Martyn

More
10 years 1 month ago #140567 by Geekay
Intend to go original all the way and hoping the motor will fireup after some TLC. $1500!!....hope my radiator is okay. Yeah, fishing on the back burner and kids grown up and just me and the wife and dogs and ferrets. Always looking for a reason to get out of the house..just hope I haven't bitten ogg more than I cam chew..or the bank balance can stand. :o

More
10 years 1 month ago #140568 by FargoMarty
Mine turned over once I hooked up a battery, but had 3 stuck valves. I ended up taking off the head to free them, but sounded nice and strong when I started it after that. Others on here will know more than me but watch for the battery connection as I believe yours will probably be positive earth. Mine was. I had the polarity on the generator reversed, swapped coil connections and it's now negative earth. Less issues if I put in radio/CD player etc. I'm working through mine one issue at a time. Every job done is one job less to do! Can't wait to see how yours turns out. The example you put up looks great. Regards, Martyn

More
10 years 1 month ago #140569 by plastic bertrand
wow great project and looks in pretty good condition.
cheers
tim

Time to create page: 0.557 seconds