Skip to main content

Kenworth cab interior trim

More
9 years 9 months ago #147294 by Lachlan
I have a KW with the diamond pattern cab lining and some buttons are missing or loose. In some spots a PO has put a screw in where a button had been.

Can anyone tell me how the buttons are attached? Are they like the head of a screw and can they be removed and replaced? And has anyone got a nifty way of cleaning the vinyl lining, specially in the creases around the buttons.

Not a big thing, but any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers,

Lachlan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 9 months ago #147295 by Swishy
We use this stuff to wash vehicles and clean hands (fingerz have n't fallen off n no dermititious LOL)
n have dun for ovr 20 years
http://ishop2.cooldrive.com.au/attachments/Product/71179/CT18-25L.jpg?ts=1369876272

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 9 months ago #147296 by Lachlan
Yep, I use that for cleaning the outside. I like it because you can come back and hose it off even if it's dried which makes it easier in summer. I'll try using it on the inside too. :)

More
9 years 8 months ago #147297 by geoffb
The one we put in Sar where screwed and the button pushed on
Re cleaning get some else to do it 8-) 8-)

9 years 8 months ago #147298 by
Replied by on topic Re: Kenworth cab interior trim

I've found you cant go past good old Spray and Wipe for Interior hood linings and trim

Daz

More
9 years 8 months ago #147299 by Cunning Stunt
Hi Lachlan, spray and wipe is okay but leaves a residue. I spent many years as a motor trimmer and the best thing I used was Nifty, it has a good ammonia content and cleans better than most off the shelf stuff. Prepsol (wax and grease remover) is okay too and won't harm the vinyl if you have marks that the Nifty won't take off.

The buttons are as Geoff said, most are fastened through the panels but some are used for securing the panels on and clip over a press stud base (with a screw through it). I'd be guessing that you can buy these from KW in a standard colour

Some play hard to get

More
9 years 8 months ago #147300 by Lachlan
Thanks all for your help. Geoff is right get somebody else to do it might be the way to go. What are you doing tomorrow Brownie?

I found some Scotchguard fabric cleaner in the workshop and that has worked well. Spray it on, work it in withy a clean paint brush - wipe off with a damp rag then dry off with a clean rag. That has worked.

It's amazing how much difference it makes. I doubt whether it has been cleaned for a very long time if ever.

Thanks Cunning, I'll try KW for the buttons. I'll let you know how I go.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds