Skip to main content

Melonreo,s diamond T D6000 resurection

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #14250 by melonreo
i thought i would share my day to day experiences as i tinker alond with this great old truck .it has a 6V53, and air brakes

here it is sitting at home in a as is were is condition . the last owner said that it did run. the 13 speed that belonged to the truck found its way into a louieville ,so all i got was the old louie box thrown in the gravel body]
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by melonreo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #14251 by melonreo
today i wanted to run the GM so that i had an idea of its condition and were to go to next.. so i have striped it down a bit . i pulled the gaurds off and even had to take out the steering colum to take the R/H rocker cover off..i found the that the injectors on the left bank were a bit stuck.. they freed up ok so i did some connecting of wires and battery cables , check the oil , fillup the water as well as hook up the temporary emergency stop. i left the left cover off and reached through the fire wall opening and grabed hold of the rack and with my heart beating a tad fast i began to whirl it over , she started to fire so i stoped turning the key while my temporary pacemaker was working overtime. then i decided it is now or never( all the time i am thinking please don,t fly to bits) anyway she whirled into life without a worry in the world :P
i am happy with the condition that it is running in and at this stage i will leave the little GM alone :-*
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by melonreo.

More
14 years 7 months ago #14252 by kennymopar2
nice project youve got there .. definatly nothing sounds sweeter than a screaming meanie ;)

More
14 years 7 months ago #14253 by bigcam
Looks like a B model step tank Pat,you`ll need another Diamond T badge to mount that LH mirror.Looks like a nice truck.Mine is rubbed back readdy for painting,only because I sent one of my apprentices to the painters to rub it,so hopefully it will get a bit of colour on it in the next couple of weeks.

More
14 years 7 months ago #14254 by paul404
nice big project you have there mate, great pics. a few new wires and a bit of paint she'll be done. ;) im glad you didnt need your hard hat and safety glasses on start up lol. great truck

More
14 years 7 months ago #14255 by Sarge
Awesome Pat.... just shut the bonnet and it will be ready for Sandown, c u there..

Sarge... :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 7 months ago #14256 by GM Diesel
Howdy Melon man, You and large Cam are lucky boys having them Diamonds. Havent seen one over here for a long time.
Good you did the injector checky thingy before you started it.
Couple of hours with the pressure cleaner and into the workshop she goes....going look good at Alice next August :D

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds