Skip to main content

My Poor Inter AR162 has had a heart attack

More
8 years 9 months ago #150655 by Mrsmackpaul
thats all good news then glad all the problems are sorted and with any luck that will be the end of them

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162902 by bparo
I haven't been on the Forum much due to chasing people about the yearbook (people send photos without any details and expect me to know whose truck, what make and model it is, where and what date the photo was taken etc).

But the truck failed to proceed while in a right hand turn lane on a 2 lane country road. It's amazing how many people think blowing a horn will move a 4 tonnes of empty truck!. Full details are in the yearbook. Suffice to say it now has a new coil, distributor cap and rotor button, the points have been cleaned and $1000 spent putting a new core and bottom hose outlet on the radiator. It turns out the top and bottom tanks were in great condition and good quality, thick brass which is almost unobtainable these days so the radiator guy not only recommended reusing them but gave them a guarantee too!

The reason for the radiator work was that we found that when the engine was hot the heat and pressure was bending the core tubes and leaking out between the tanks and the tubes. Hopefully that's it for a while and it settles down. It is running well again so I am happy

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds