Skip to main content

Japanese Jimmy - Nissan UD6

More
15 years 9 months ago #763 by GM Diesel
Swishy,
Cummins developed a two stroke in the early 30's and raced it along side a model U Cummins four stroke at Indianapolis in 1934. The model U tossed it in and stopped. The two stroke completed the race at an average speed of 142 kmh.
After the race both engines were dismantled and inspected. The two stroke was stuffed but the four stroke was in excellent condition. From this race on Cummins concentrated solely on four stroke engines.
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #764 by huppypuppy

Gr8 Pix
Keep m Cummin

TH@ leads me to nuther Q:
Who else made a 2 stroke diesel
GM, UD, Commer Jiggr
Did Foden ever make a 2 stroke Diesel??
I seem to think/remember they did

AnyBody??

LOL
cya

Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by huppypuppy.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
15 years 8 months ago #765 by Swishy
Guys
Also
Gotta have an also

I can vagualy rember K.P. Neal Tankers haveing a Foden 2 stroke
primemover
Me thinks C@ also fitted a rootes type blower to sum old dozers jist to soup m up a bit so they can have xtra speed when pushn scrapers

ButEyeDoSt&2BCorrected

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
15 years 8 months ago #766 by melonreo
marshall crawlers from pommy land sister company called fowlers made a 2 stroke single , big thumper 40HP 7 1/2 bore .. from there they went to a 2 cylinder 2 stroke loop scaveging engine fitted with a blower,,,, but it was not super charged because the intake port was closed off before the exhaust ,,, so any pressure that was built up in the cylinder from the blower escaped out the exhaust before it was closed by the piston so it was not aided by boost pressure... lanz also made a 2 stroke.. PAT..

More
15 years 8 months ago #767 by Andy Wright
Bang on, Swish. There would have been a few Foden two-strokes here but, as Baz says, they weren't much chop here. David Kent in Port Pirie is restoring a clinker of a Foden - Mickey Mouse cab and 2-stroke. Very low mileage as well (less then 50k from memory) so maybe they were really disliked here! ;D

Sound awesome though.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 8 months ago #768 by huppypuppy
G'day all,

I has me a pic of an Upton tractor with a UD4 engine in it :D - will post a bit later on!

Joe

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds