Skip to main content

International D 1110

More
8 years 9 months ago #161132 by RossM
International D 1110 was created by RossM
gday everyone i have two International D 1110 utes, one from 1974 and the other from 1972, i just wanted to know a bit about them, how rare are they? how hard is it to get parts for them and does anyone have any that they would be willing to let go, i am still at school and wanting to get one of the two of them on the road as my first car

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #161133 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: International D 1110
A lot still about, easy to work on and get parts. The main problem with these is cab rust.

More
8 years 9 months ago #161134 by RossM
Replied by RossM on topic Re: International D 1110
Thanks mate, you wouldnt know where i can get workshop manuals and specifications for them? also places that have spare parts for them?

More
8 years 9 months ago #161135 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic Re: International D 1110
RossM your very lucky the D1110 was the light weight of the range most had disc brakes all around standard 3 on the tree or an optional 4spd they went from 71 through to 1980 with the 281 ci motor and flush door handles most where pickups but some came as chassis and cab, where are you and could you post some pictures

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
8 years 9 months ago #161136 by RossM
Thanks oldgmc, mine are four speed on the floor with disc brakes and limited slip diffs according to my grandma, they where my grandfathers daily drivers up until about 10 years ago, hoping to restore one to original and then make the other one my daily driver and add a few things onto it, both are running and have nearly got the second one driving, i am in roma qld, one is a tub and the other a tray back. how common would they be and where can i find some more of them, i want to get my hands on as many as possible. And how do i post photos
cheers

More
8 years 9 months ago #161137 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic Re: International D 1110
If you go to the Forum home page there's a section there that tells you how to post photos

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
8 years 9 months ago #161138 by RossM
hey there again oldgmc, i couldnt quite work it out but here is a link to the photos, should work.
www.flickr.com/photos/134396569@N05/ ?
www.flickr.com/photos/134396569@N05/1963...n/dateposted-public/

More
8 years 9 months ago #161139 by RossM

More
8 years 9 months ago #161140 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: International D 1110
Those look really clean and straight, not to mention appearing rust-free. You have done well.

You will be surprised what bits International/Iveco still stock, but some of the prices will make you choke.

If they have been sitting around for any length of time, you will need to go through the brakes. Kits exist for all of that stuff.
Do be prepared for the fuel consumption - they are thirsty at around 12 - 15 MPG. Driving gently on the open road can get better, but not much. I saw 18 MPG once on a cold, misty morning by keeping it under 80 K's, but always wondered if I made a mistake.

If you let us know which parts you are after, we may be able to help. Whatever you do, don't pull one completely to bits - despite your best intentions, they often never go back together.

Have fun, Jarrod (c1957 ASW120)

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #161141 by RossM
Thanks mate, and the only time they will be coming apart is when i have all the stuff to put them back together, the tub back, which is running and driving and needs only small work for a road worthy apparently needs the whole front steering done, (tie rods etc. i would suspect) i am also looking for a 4x4 model if they where ever made. i am after shockies all round for it and a leaf spring pack for the front right, it has a broken leaf due to log jumping. the handbrake assembly is complete and working but i am hunting a full spare assembly just in case something breaks, the trayback was missing its carby so i modified a holden one to suite, runs pretty well with it. but i am after a original one, also after a spare chassis as there is a huge rust hole in the front cross member under the radiatior. i am really just looking for everything i can get my hands on that is in these light model trucks. Plan on doing a full original resto, and then a resto mod with the trayback, nothing crazy though, i will post a video of them both running
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by RossM.

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds