Skip to main content

AL110 restoration, the early stages

More
8 years 1 month ago #168090 by grahamjb
Great to see another Coupe Ute restoration :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168092 by defective

wombat 46 wrote: Some pics before and after of the motor

The clean up was not aided by the fact that the degreaser pump bottle would not work, so alot of hand scrubbing.

and finally we got her looking reasonable.

Most will know what series of motor it is, but for us never owning and Inter before this is all new.
The engine number reads AGD264
so i am guessing that is 264 cubic inches?

Anyhow we did remove the plugs and hook up the starter and she turned over well, so things are looking good.
Jim

...Hi mate .. the letters/numbers given may be a prefix for the actual consecutive engine number...(it may be at least six digits long). I'm tipping She's a Silver Diamond motor....??

More
8 years 1 month ago #168105 by asw120
Australian Gold Diamond 264. UJ12 plugs have a second internal gap to prevent oil fouling.
Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #168121 by wombat 46
thanks for the info, i should had been a little clearer,
some pics of what we have

IT is hard to make out the 'G' so i am guessing here? but it looks unlikely to be a 'S'
What do you think?

Is there a superceeded plug to use any suggestions welcome
thanks
Jim
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by wombat 46. Reason: more info

More
8 years 1 month ago #168122 by wombat 46

asw120 wrote: Australian Gold Diamond 264. UJ12 plugs have a second internal gap to prevent oil fouling.
Jarrod.

I should have taken a pic of the plugs, black and carboned up, they look like they have idled around a paddock for years and years.
The carbon was so thick it had started to break off and de fragment!
nearly closing all the insulator in.
Jim

More
8 years 1 month ago #168144 by Rossco
Wombat,
I've just scored a couple of new gaskets for my 240. The rear main is a rope seal and I imagine yours is also. My motor is still in the truck so I'm hoping the rear main isn't too bad. I don't want to pull the motor out if i don't have to! I got my gaskets through precision. Full gasket set for the whole motor is about $500 but I got rocker, side plate, sump gasket and rear main seal for about 75 bux. Google your engine code and precision international and you might get lucky!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wombat 46

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #168145 by wombat 46
Thats great advise Rossco,
i will try now to locate them
I went out today to get some tune up parts locally,
no parts guy even new what i was asking for
I went to repco, auto pro and supacheap and still have no parts or even listings for what i need!
closet i got was parts for a 282 petrol, any idea if these are the same?
plug Ngk BP-4
Bosch cap GB 74
Bosch rotor GB 603
there must be thousands of these motors running around.
Can anyone suggest what part numbers will work,
i will ring wagga tractors tomorrow as they have some parts on the web, so fingers crossed.
Jim
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by wombat 46. Reason: more info

More
8 years 1 month ago #168153 by asw120
Standard plugs are Champion J8C. That NGK number sounds way too hot, but may still be correct. I'd have thought more like B6S. (Champion bigger number is hotter, NGK bigger number is colder) UJ12's are for engines prone to oiling plugs.

Sometimes just an oil change and a good run on the road will fix them up. Mine fouled a few up while I was redoing it, but has never done so once registered and driven on the road.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 1 month ago #168157 by wombat 46

asw120 wrote: Standard plugs are Champion J8C. That NGK number sounds way too hot, but may still be correct. I'd have thought more like B6S. (Champion bigger number is hotter, NGK bigger number is colder) UJ12's are for engines prone to oiling plugs.

Sometimes just an oil change and a good run on the road will fix them up. Mine fouled a few up while I was redoing it, but has never done so once registered and driven on the road.

Jarrod.

Asw, thanks for that, you would not believe how hard it is to find this stuff out when motor parts listing only go back to the mid 80's!
One cross reference for the UJ-12 shows it replaced by a J11C, any ideas if that is a good one,
I think i can get the NGK B6S at supercheap , so that will work too.
Can anyone confirm the dissy cap an rotor button numbers?
Jim

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #168209 by Merrick

asw120 wrote: Asw, thanks for that, you would not believe how hard it is to find this stuff out when motor parts listing only go back to the mid 80's!
One cross reference for the UJ-12 shows it replaced by a J11C, any ideas if that is a good one,
I think i can get the NGK B6S at supercheap , so that will work too.
Can anyone confirm the dissy cap an rotor button numbers?
Jim

My 281 runs GB73 rotor and GB74 cap - essentially a Holden grey motor distributor. However according to my old Bosch book, yours would have the GB 603 rotor like Wombat said.
Plugs are NGK BP-4 as stated = W10FC in Bosch.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Merrick.

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds