Skip to main content

Electronics

More
14 years 6 months ago #17014 by Joe S
Electronics was created by Joe S
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have converted a bus to a motorhome, it is an old bus with a Detroit Diesel 6v53 motor, the only trouble is that all the electronics are past their use by date, if anyone could help me I would appreciate it. What I need is maybe a book that will teach me Auto Electronics and how it applies to Diesel Engines. There are a couple of actuators on the motor that Idont know what they are fore.
Thanks
Joe :-[ :-[ :-X :-/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #17015 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Electronics
can you tell us which part it is ,or better put up a picture ,also what year model is your bus.....

More
14 years 6 months ago #17016 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Electronics
Sounds like the stop soliniod,is it mounted on top of the governer?(the thingo the accelerator linkage goes to)

More
14 years 6 months ago #17017 by melonreo

More
14 years 6 months ago #17018 by Joe S
Replied by Joe S on topic Re: Electronics
Thanks
Your right I think it is the stop solenoid, however what part of the electronics is it wired into, and is there relays in that circuit. These are just some of the problems, I really need to be able to get hold of some books so I can research it.

More
14 years 6 months ago #17019 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Electronics
to make the stop solinoide work.
you take a power wire from the back of the ignition key that is only live when the key is on- run that wire up to a heavy duty push button type swich,,,the same as you would use as a starter button,,,, run another wire from that button to the solinoid -- that should be mounted firmly on the top of the govner box.. when the key is on and the motor is running you can push on the button that will activate the solinoid to make it pull the rack closed in the govenor box - which closes up all the injectors and cuts off the fuel supply.... once the engine has stoped and you let go of the stopper all the injectors place themselves at full throttle possition ready for the next start up-- this is to get fuel for start up and when it stars the govenor pulls back on the rack controls the RPM.. the reason to get your power source from a live part of the key is , when the key is you lesson the chance of this system flattening your battery.
you would not need things like relays and stuff if you use heavy duty switches. relays are designed to use flimsy (or delicate)little swiches and things inside your cab or what ever you are playing with, they need lesser power supply to work and all they do is turn the relay on and off and the main power supply ( heavy wiring )only needs to run from to your power supply through the relay to what ever you are running

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds