Skip to main content

Best aggressive coolant flush for Chev blitz

More
7 years 1 month ago #181373 by 600Dodge
It would be a bit useless to use the vacuum gauge if the engine wasn't running.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #181383 by Sarge
we have done 9 pages on cooling the critter down,
how many pages can we get on checking the timing with the engine shut down using a vacum gauge....
we gunna set a record???? :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Wedge, ya know we cant let this go now, we need you to solve this for all our collective sanity.

Good luck, keep us informed. :)

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #181475 by grahamjb
Going back to the original question about something to flush the block with.....no guarantees with this solution but fill it up with CLR and run the engine until it gets hot each day and do this for a week. Drain out the CLR, flush with water and then fill with 50/50 water/citric acid mix and repeat as for the CLR. Drain and thoroughly flush, fill with water , cross your fingers and let everyone know if it fixed the problem.

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #181493 by wedgetail84
lol, I assume blackduck was meaning the vac test is a better test overall but it needs to be running to do it? Either way, maybe timing's a bit out one way or another, but it's certainly not stopping coolant flow which is the underlying issue.

Sarge - if you guys can solve this for me I'll happily read through what ever it takes! I do have a vac gauge, and I don't doubt it will tell me a lot, but like I said it's not going to diagnose a coolant flow issue! Graham - what's CLR?

I know I'm stringing this out a fair bit without physically doing anything I'm just trying to juggle a few different activities and this isn't top priority. Besides, there's some good info emerging in this thread!

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #181502 by grahamjb
Wedgetail
You can buy CLR from Coles/Woolworths/IGA etc

CLR is a household cleaning product used for dissolving stains, such as calcium, lime, and iron oxide deposits. Its ingredients include water, lactic acid, gluconic acid, lauramine oxide, Propylene Glycol, n-Butyl Ether, and solvents that dissolve cobalt gel coats and paint.
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds