Skip to main content

1965 F250’s Rejuvenation

More
3 years 1 day ago #220879 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
I tend to agree about the follow up treatment with the fishoil. I have used the deodorised stuff with the same good result but it still has that fishy smell.
When there was a fishing fleet working out of Crowdy Head one of the families used to make their own fish oil by draining nthe gaul bladder from sharks. No kidding that stuff stank bad big time and never left you.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 day ago #220886 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Thanks for the music inspiration PDU. I need to get a radio or something sorted out for the back shed where the F250 is. Gets pretty quiet down there. Should really look to get it in the shed somehow also.......Probably won’t.

And the winner is fish oil, cheers Sarge and cobbadog. Cobbadog, I’ll be sure to stick to mainstream brands to prevent untoward stenches. Will look to get some sprayed in all of the hard to reach places. Have a few spots of rust popping through the drivers side cab corner so it will do some good down there also. As this isn’t a restoration I’m really trying to limit the panel work. I’m after that authentic ‘patina’ look so not wanting to cut/replace bits and pieces. When it comes to its appearance in my mind, it’s a little left of centre to what most of you guys do in here. I hope it can also be appreciated. If it doesn’t work out phase 2 might need to be dragged forward and body work will commence.

Adventure before Dementia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 1 day ago #220891 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Urchy87 Do remember the instruction on the rust remover containers. Remove loose and flaking rust but do not grind all rust off the surface. The converter works by converting rust (Iron Oxide) to Iron Phosphate and if there is no rust present it cannot work. I use Ranex brand which may not be the cheapest but is the best I have found. The instructions on it say not to let it dry but rinse it off before that happens.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87

More
3 years 1 day ago #220892 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Roadworthy is all you really need for bodywork. My Inter is looking pretty tired these days and it doesn't really bother me.
Shiny is nice, but the maintenance.......

You're doing great.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87, Southbound

More
3 years 1 day ago #220898 by Pierre
Replied by Pierre on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Great progress Urchy87.
Yeah keep it original with it's working patina, that's what I'm doing with my Bedford.
It's about preserving our transport history as well.
cheers
Pierre

Pierre
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Urchy87

More
3 years 1 day ago #220907 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Cheapest rust converter /prevention is phosphoric acid sourced from commercial cleaning supplies. This is the active ingredient in all the branded products. Dilute with water to whatever and put in spray bottle and go for it. Can be an irritant so use mask etc. Come back a day or so later and rinse off what hasn't been used in the reaction. Smells like a cheap pub urinal because that's what they use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Urchy87

More
3 years 1 day ago #220908 by Urchy87
Cheers Morris, I’ll be sure to follow them with which ever direction I go.

asw120, that’s exactly it. I dont’t really plan on doing any more than I need to. Keen to just get it on the road and I’ll iron out the kinks from there.

Pierre, I share a similar thought, it doesn’t need a 20K paint job to be saved from the scrap heap either. For as long as it is drivable it stands a chance of surviving. My research tells me this is 1 of only 84 Aussie assembled right hand drive F250’s. Makes it a rare beast. The Aussie assembled F250’s are more like the American F350’s. It’s created some serious debate from the uneducated on Facebook when I’ve been trying to get information. Oh the joy. Haha.

mammoth, thanks for that insight. I will do some looking into it. Always enjoy saving money.

More
3 years 1 day ago #220910 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation

Urchy87 wrote: Cheers Morris, I’ll be sure to follow them with which ever direction I go.

asw120, that’s exactly it. I dont’t really plan on doing any more than I need to. Keen to just get it on the road and I’ll iron out the kinks from there.

Pierre, I share a similar thought, it doesn’t need a 20K paint job to be saved from the scrap heap either. For as long as it is drivable it stands a chance of surviving. My research tells me this is 1 of only 84 Aussie assembled right hand drive F250’s. Makes it a rare beast. The Aussie assembled F250’s are more like the American F350’s. It’s created some serious debate from the uneducated on Facebook when I’ve been trying to get information. Oh the joy. Haha.

mammoth, thanks for that insight. I will do some looking into it. Always enjoy saving money.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 23 hours ago #220920 by Urchy87
Hahaha hayseed, that’s it. Seems like you are familiar with them. The irony is if they would just stop and take it in or discuss it even they would learn things about something most of them enjoy are passionate about.

More
3 years 7 hours ago #220944 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Yeah Mate, Don't which are more Annoying.
The Facebook Engineers, or the Facebook Lawyers ...

Both of them Destroy a lot of Good discussions..& can render a lot of those Groups/pages Useless..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds