Skip to main content

International AB 130

More
14 years 1 month ago #24379 by TonyD
Replied by TonyD on topic Re: International AB 130
Hi Atklpete,
Yep, as I said in my last post, I expected the 282 in my AB110 was a refit.
The gearbox was 5 speed crash similar to the one in the AB180 and in the ACCO Butterbox the army had. I don't know any model numbers.

Your ACCO book, my ACCO book by Peter Lynch, Coupute's ????? can only rely on the accuracy of their source of reference or information.

Oops, I just realised are you the PL?

Cheers, Tony

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #24380 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: International AB 130
Tony, I see that AtkiPete isn't on line at the moment, but I can confirm that AtkiPete and Peter Lynch are indeed the same person.

Cheers, Vic

More
14 years 1 month ago #24381 by TonyD
Thanks VicHung,
It feels good to be a little closer to Peter Lynch. I'll have to be careful not to be a know-it-all about Inters.

I have a strange some sort of affinity with Inters especially the Butterbox. Perhaps it is because I wanted one. I twice looked seriously at the possibility. I also covered many miles and did some incredible things including bogging and debogging and climbing up and down some impossible terrain (nearly rolling a few times) - all in the great green machine.

Thanks Vic, Tony.

PS You made my day (almost).

Liked the book Pete ;)

14 years 1 month ago #24382 by
Replied by on topic Re: International AB 130
Only just stumpled over this post!

My AB is a 151 and has the standard AGD240 in it with the standard 4 speed. And was built in 1964.

Depending on the size of truck the minimum standard engine and gear box changes also I believe. As mentioned mine has the smallest engine / gearbox. And as atki mentions the AB110 most likely wouldn't have been out of factory with the 282 in it and the 5 speed! Most likely the 110 would have the 240 and my records show a 3 speed column shift!

Jblair

More
14 years 1 month ago #24383 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: International AB 130
The 110 Inter came with the Silver Diamond 220 cubic inch engine.

More
14 years 1 month ago #24384 by TonyD
Wow!
I didn't expect to stir so much.
As I said in my early post, I expect the AB110 was a refit. Others amongst you have said the same, so you to confirm it. My 110 went to the wreckers and a short time later it was missing most of the major parts, so it's too late to have another look. :( :-[ :'(

Most importantly, Hoges, did you gleen from all this all the information you need/want?
Which donk and box does it have?

Cheers, Tony.

More
10 years 4 months ago #24385 by carmoda
Replied by carmoda on topic Re: International AB 130
anyone give me some pointers how i can tell what motor and gear box are in my AB130?

International AB130 All Wheel Drive caretaker

More
10 years 4 months ago #24386 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: International AB 130

anyone give me some pointers how i can tell what motor and gear box are in my AB130?

Mate, you should have an AGD240 and 4 speed T-98.
The engine number will tell you what it is. Near the dizzy, I think. Not sure which transfer the AB has. You got one lever, or two? two would be a NP201. I think you will have something later, though.

Cheers.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 4 months ago #24387 by rb057
Replied by rb057 on topic Re: International AB 130
Hi Anthony,

What Jarrod has said is spot on.

Using our ute as an example,
eng number is on a flat face between the dip stick and the fuel pump, you should have something like AGD240 1234. AGD being engine series, 240 being the engine size in ci (later models were 281,282...) and the last 4 digits are the engine number.

We have a Borg Warner T98 gear box (very similar to later T18 gear box), shift pattern is normal 4 speed and reverse to the right and up. I believe later models used the New Process NP435 shift pattern being normal 4 speed but reverse to the right and down (there is one for sale on ebay at the moment for comparison pictures). Also this link details visual comarison between the NP435 and a T18. classicbroncos.com/tranny-np435.shtml

The transfer case we have is a New Process 202, with single shift lever. This transfer case is all cast iron and has a very large 10 bolt PTO opening. The NP201 is similar with the same PTO opening but has two shift levers (one for front axle and one for high/low). The later NP205 is also similar but has alluminium bearing housings/caps).

Regards
Roger

AB120 4x4

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #24388 by carmoda
Replied by carmoda on topic Re: International AB 130
one lever, reverse is high right. engine number is a mystery.. certainly not following that sequence. i'll take a photo and post it.

International AB130 All Wheel Drive caretaker
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by carmoda.

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds