Skip to main content

PBR park brake valve.

More
1 month 1 day ago - 1 month 1 day ago #251348 by asw120
PBR park brake valve. was created by asw120
Hi all, I have pulled the park brake valve off my dad's bus, as it leaks air, the park brakes take forever to set / release and now the knob won't latch out. New ones are very expensive and rebuild kits don't appear to be available. I was hoping someone could tell me what to replace it with. The local truck parts place weren't able to help with that question.

All help appreciated, Jarrod. 

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 1 month 1 day ago by asw120.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago - 1 month 1 day ago #251349 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic PBR park brake valve.
I think that is a CA282 valve.

Try Truckline website, type CA282 into the search bar, then scroll through the results, you should see parts such as CA282-6 poppet or CA282-10 button (as an example, i might have them back to front).  I don't know if these are repair parts for the CA282 valve, but might be a starting point?

Brett.

Edit - CA282-16 repair kit  ?????

Otherwise you could go something like a Sealco BL66900.  There is also a 99600.  You would need to make sure you get the right one for the job.
Last edit: 1 month 1 day ago by 180wannabe. Reason: add detail
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120

More
1 month 1 day ago #251351 by 180wannabe
Jarrod, i've just looked in my 1976 PBR book, and yes, CA282-16 is a repair kit for the CA282 spring brake control valve.

It appears the kit contains a poppet valve CA84-3, and 5 o-rings.  (CA282-6 mentioned above, is a poppet assembly)

Other parts are listed individually.

Brett.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120

More
1 month 1 day ago #251352 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic PBR park brake valve.
How about a Bendix PP1 valve ...about $45 on ebay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, asw120

More
1 month 1 day ago - 1 month 1 day ago #251353 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic PBR park brake valve.
This is great, thank you all.
The complete new valve is not affordable, but a kit might be. I also need to sort out the release button not latching (appears to be worn out). I don't know why it's a "combination" valve (combining park and what?) I see there is also a version with only 2 pipes.
I expect that the PP1 might be the outcome.

Thanks again, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 1 month 1 day ago by asw120.

More
1 month 1 day ago #251354 by 180wannabe
 Maybe the "combination" thing means it also has the emergency release feature, where you press the button then push and hold the T handle in, to be able to release the brakes in other than normal circumstances.  I'm not really sure how that works, whether it lets you release the brakes with lower than normal air pressure, or what the reasoning is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

More
1 month 21 hours ago #251362 by asw120
180, this turns out to be the case.
At this point the PP1 is ruled out, unless I can blank off the line from the pump without consequences.
I have worked out this much: there are two feeds and one outlet. The two feeds are "supply" and "tank". I take tank to be the dry air and supply to be direct from the pump (happy to be corrected). Air comes out of both hoses immediately upon startup.
The parts supply shops don't seem to be staffed by anyone who knows what the parts actually do......

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
1 month 20 hours ago - 1 month 20 hours ago #251363 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic PBR park brake valve.
This is probably for the ADR38 where you have to be able to blow off the maxis three times on an auxilliary tank after all the main air is gone .............All the times Ive taken trucks and busses for machinery inspection,never had this checked .........all thats checked is that the maxis work ,and have sufficient brake on the meters............since mobile homes arent inspected ,then thats that.............just be sure you have the caging screws on the chambers for use if needed.

Last edit: 1 month 20 hours ago by JOHN.K..

More
1 month 17 hours ago #251366 by asw120
Thanks John. This actually does get inspected,  but since it may not move from one inspection to the next, I suspect it's just a "visual" inspection. 
I have Mike from Fleetparts looking for NOS IH bits in his stash. The release button turns out to be prohibitively expensive new, and the one in the White's no good, either. I tried looking in the dash of the White,  but it's all spaghetti to me, and largely inaccessible anyway. 

I  await Mike's response. 

Jarrod 

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 month 16 hours ago #251368 by 180wannabe
5 years ago i bought a "minor repair kit" (major kit was no longer available) for a CA300 hand control, from Air Brake Systems  www.airbrake.com.au

Not sure if they could help or advise you?

Brett.

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds