Skip to main content

1947 Inter help

16 years 9 hours ago - 16 years 2 hours ago #1536 by
Replied by on topic Re: 1947 Inter help
Will,

Sounds best not to push the truck as none of us wants to see a good truck damaged!

If it will fit on a trailer should be ok. Not sure what that type of vehicle would weigh. But the big prob I could see in the trailer option is that with a truck chassis most of the weight is at the front. And on a trailer you may not have much choice where the weight is put. Thus could be an issue for your towing vehicle either by to much weight on or off the tow bar.

Either way if you go this way take it real easy! And if possible see if you can find a small truck or something bit heavier than a triton to tow it. You might find it a bit more comfortable and feel safer.

Have you had a look at Budget truck's and see if you could rent a small tray truck that you could drive up and pick it up? Lot cheaper than sending a tray truck all the way!

If the truck is at a farm most likely they would have a loading ramp. And at home most likely you wouldn't but could get a tilt tray to come get it off for you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #1537 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: 1947 Inter help
Sounds like a great find. Is it a prime mover or tray ? Are you sure it is ex Army ? The Army bought a lot of Inters during the war but by 47 were selling off trucks. There were lend lease vehicles that came out in kits and assembled here. (ie the Studebakers) Laurie Dawber in the club knows quite a bit about this sort of stuff .

More
15 years 11 months ago #1538 by Ozetruck
Replied by Ozetruck on topic Re: 1947 Inter help
Hi,
Its a traytop mate, but you could say open air tray since the timbers are gone.
I dunno if its a blue motor or what havnt been up there in a while.
But will be there sooner rather than later.

Cheers, Will

More
15 years 11 months ago - 15 years 11 months ago #1539 by Ozetruck
Got a rough estimate from a tilt tray mob that it would be around $800+ to get it back... . Ive got a picture to post up but what way to do it on here i dont have the foggiest idea.

Cheers, Will
Last edit: 15 years 11 months ago by Ozetruck.

More
15 years 11 months ago - 15 years 11 months ago #1540 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: 1947 Inter help
There is a thread about photos in Forum FAQ. The summary of which is:

I found this link that goes through the process of loading photos as clearly as I could ever possibly make it. try clicking on this link antiquetractorsforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1638

I hope this helps

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 15 years 11 months ago by bparo.

More
15 years 11 months ago #1541 by Ozetruck
I know that site too well!
Have you seen this link i posted on there?
antiquetractorsforum.com/viewtopic.php?t...highlight=truck+show
Takes a while to load up...

Cheers, Will

15 years 11 months ago #1542 by
Replied by on topic Re: 1947 Inter help
Will, do you come from Bendigo Vic ???.

And do i know you .Dave :-? :-?

More
15 years 11 months ago #1543 by Ozetruck

Will, do you come from Bendigo Vic ???.

And do i know you .Dave :-? :-?

You've hit the nail on the head!
Thats me alright!!!

Cheers, Will

More
15 years 11 months ago #1544 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: 1947 Inter help
l would get a tranport company to bring it down unless the truck is in good condition , Kelly and Young or GTS or Bendigo transport going up that way. K7 will weigh around 3ton the front of the bumper to back of the cab is 10 ft long plus the chassis length. l bought 4 K Series trucks home from Perth about 8 years ago.

More
15 years 11 months ago #1545 by morrisguy
Replied by morrisguy on topic Re: 1947 Inter help
Hi

I'm new to the forum... just letting you know , about 18 months ago, I helped my neighbour move three Thames 800 bread vans from Ballarat .

The vans were in a backyard in the suburbs , the old chap there , Max , also had a complete Inter K truck he wanted to sell , about 300 bucks . It's complete, but has a rusty cab. It's a 5 tonner I think , K7 maybe . He bought it just after the war and used it in his business . I took pics of it , but have mislaid them . If your interested , I can find his details ... don't know if he's still alive , he's very old .

Mike

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds