Skip to main content

Bugger

13 years 9 months ago #31338 by
Replied by on topic Re: Bugger
Sounds like an offense to me Sarge......

I'd slap a 'Perverting The Cause Of Maintenance" fine on your clutch man and give him a good behavior bond until the truck is back on the road. :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31339 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Bugger
I think we've all had similar experiences sarge - we have put the box and all in the Commer and have now realised that the pressure plate has not been set properly so it now crunches into gear. This is a gearbox out repair and we are still battling to get the truck finished (up till 11 and 12 oclock each night) so pulling it out before Alice is not an option. However, I am still sure that we will be parked side by side Sarge so get that bitterbox fixed up!! :D

Some play hard to get

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 9 months ago #31340 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Bugger

OK Guyz
Ifn U gunna crunch it in to gear when stopd
Crunch in 1st
Why U Ask?
Tiz the biggest ugliest gear in box n less chance of damagin it
(If any one wants to engage PTO with out grindn them little gears, enage 1st gear in cogbox this will stop the gears turnin, then engage PTO, then select the big sloppy hole AKA Neutral in with the gear stix )

2nd option
When the chance arises release brakes n roll a bit
even backwards n pik up reverse, then when the gears R stopd U can then fling it into a forward cog hole

3rd Option
Pull stopper on donk n engage gear just as the engine stops then hit the starter
N away U go

Don't ask me how I kno all this
LOL
On Yanky iron the clutch linkage is set @ the factory
n any clutch adjustments R dun via the adjuster @ the clutch

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 9 months ago #31341 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Bugger
Saint Peter the Black Smith came over to help with the mystery part I found after I fitted the new clutch (will post pics tomorrow) No idea what or where it came from????????????

With St P's help the gear box on its custom made trolley rolled back into place in 5 minutes...
trolley now for hire... reasonable rates.... Get your own red gum planks though...
[smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]he stayed all day... drive line now all connected, [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
radiator next.... Gavin (yet to sign up) sold me his spare...
must fix clutch master cylinder and investigate the mysteries of Inter colour coded (yellow) electrics... wiring meltdowns seem very common...
load the brother and the bundies and we can head off.... should be time enough for all of that...
the poor old truck will be a candidate for the ugly ducker award. (me too). :P

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #31342 by Sarge
Ok, when a bloke is just about to shove his gear box back in after replacing clutch and pressure plate, how stressed should he be at finding one of these on the ground under the truck???? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

it has obviously been rubbing, almost through, the three fingers have been busted and there appaers to have been stoppers in the curve of the outer arms.... :o

the square cut outs are rough cut and not symetrical....

I put the box back as everthing associated with it was geasy or oily... 8-)

any clues??? have I busted something else (again)

/me

Sarge B)
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Sarge.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31343 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Bugger
Sarge, firstly, that is the most worn tape measure I've seen. The bit you've found on the floor looks like it could be the remnants of the centre bit of the old clutch plate, the cut outs being where the springs would go, assuming it is made of steel. Which would be why one of your clutch plate springs fell out, looks like 2 could have fallen out actually.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31344 by cobba
Replied by cobba on topic Re: Bugger
I think bigcam is spot on the money myself. Ya gotta lash out and buy a new tape before you slash ya finger on the jaggered edge of that one.

I'd be dropping the pressure plate off the back of the frywheel and checking out the clutchplate myself. It does look very much like the sping keeper plate to me too.

Easier now while the box is still out than later on.

Cheers. Cobba.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #31345 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Bugger
Cobba, I'd guess it's a previous injury, looks like it's been rattling around by the wear marks. If Sarge has put a new clutch plate in it won't have had a chance for a spin yet. Perhaps if the old clutch plate is still about, having a bit of squizz to see if it match's any missing bits.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by bigcam.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31346 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: Bugger
I think you got it in one Cam. Sarge should have a look at the old clutch plate, should see where it came from..

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #31347 by Sarge
thanks guys, the old plate went to the rebuild mob to make sure they sent back the right one... took three seperate trys and over 14 days... must be rocket science after all.

I dont recognise the mystery bit as being part of the old clutch, but it certainly looks like that sort of thing. Unless it is/was inside the the plate... and I cant see how it would get out.... see page one .

/me

Sarge B)
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Sarge.

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds