Skip to main content

Painting Chassis's

More
15 years 9 months ago #3030 by GM Diesel
Painting Chassis's was created by GM Diesel
A lot of you have had a fair bit of experience already restoring your gear but one thing for the new guys Ive learned is about painting.
I stripped everything to bits, blasted everything, primed then made my mistake. I painted everything just nice but the amount of paint off trying to carefully reassmble the whole thing was and still is a pain.
I reckon getting all the bits primed then paint with final colour on the backside of all your bits then assemble the whole thing together then do the final paint on an assembled chassis and all its gear. Much easier and you will end up with a better job.
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3031 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Painting Chassis's
I did a similar thing with my wooden tray. Cut it all to size then painted it so you have paint on paint rather than wood on wood. Once it was assembled the deck was given another couple of coats to cover all the nails and bolts.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
15 years 9 months ago #3032 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: Painting Chassis's
;)You are on the money there Barry, l have done it all ways and what you said prime assemble and the paint is the way to go. The Diamond T photos in where does the day go show just that . There is plenty of experts out ther but doing the job is the only way to find out. :o Podge

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds