Skip to main content

345 Info

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #53826 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: 345 Info
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationi hate to say it but the dodge 318 truck motors outperform the inter V8s ..the dodge 318 also outperforms its big brother the 361. . . . maybe why the dodge 318s were the fast papertrucks back in the 70s ;)

international realised there V8s didnt have much go and they made the option of fitting two engines !
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by kenny-mopar.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #53827 by InterBus
Replied by InterBus on topic Re: 345 Info
You can say it
at 150 hp and 6.5 - 1 comp I'd say just about anything with more than half a dozen spark plugs would outperform one of these!
If money were no object a 440 would be nice... :D ;)
But I must admit when I bought the thing I was looking more at the roof height, rego and the price than how fast it would go. Just didn't realise how slow a bus could be!!!

Making something out of nothing since 1973

More
12 years 10 months ago #53828 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: 345 Info
thank your stars you ddint get a non turbo perkins diesel ... then you would have to add pedals or put out a sail to climb hills . . . .

More
12 years 10 months ago #53829 by Thunders-Truk
Replied by Thunders-Truk on topic Re: 345 Info
Kenny, a guy I knew years ago when I was in the Inter Scout club, cut the back off a LWB Scout, built a caravan type rear with a double bed above the front seat then stuck a Perkins in it. He said the noise was deafening and he couldn't close the bonnet 'cause the engine was too tall, ... but it was good on fuel economy !! :-?
Tony

TONY C. (SA)&&&&LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE BORING VEHICLES !!

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds