Skip to main content

Leyland

More
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #4795 by rateyes
Leyland was created by rateyes
I have a bx5 boxer tipper with Alisson transmission I am looking for parts mainly speedo and front bummper Also I am looking for a brake master cylinder. I drive him daily and would like to keep him on the road with intent to fully restor so if you can help thanks.
PS i am not a millionaire just love my truck and live in Cockatoo Vic This is a great site and I have marked the desplay day on calender.
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by rateyes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #4796 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Leyland
Hi mate, I'm in Pakenham Upper so we're almost neighbours. Can't recommend anywhere to find a bumper but perhaps ask Deadly Dave on here. He might know of a good source.

Ooh, by the way, got any pics of your Boxer? :)

Need to build a loading ramp shortly too...don't suppose you know a good tipper bloke...LOL ;)

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #4797 by rateyes
Replied by rateyes on topic Re: Leyland
What a small world I have a tipper and bob cat so could help give me a call do you need fill? I will check with Dave .I dont know how to upload pics yet but I will try. good to be part of this network . Ebay is all about money not the love of the truck. I have just picked up a good cabin for $50.00 in Tynong so I have a good door now . this project will probably take a lifetime . but being old school helps .Thanks Chris[timestamp=1222061077]
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by rateyes.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4798 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Leyland
Hello Chris,
the photo adding is quite easy, some one else prompted me, check this site
hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1170808619

I opened a photo bucket account and then pasted the link.

I have a mate who does everything in doubles, he has 2, grown now to 5 Leylands (in case one breaks down when he is busy) I know he is downsizing so a photo by you will let me know if we are talking same trucks.

good luck

sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #4799 by Andy Wright
Good stuff on the cab, Chris. Gotta get these things when they come up. I need everything - fill and sleepers. Might be worth checking out the site first. I'll email you.

Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by Andy Wright.

15 years 7 months ago #4800 by
Replied by on topic Re: Leyland
Andy we have another club member who could for you if things dont pan out, he has a Atkinson and Bob Cat plus other Gear. Dave

More
15 years 7 months ago #4801 by rateyes
Replied by rateyes on topic Re: Leyland
Hi Andy.
Sorry but i've been chasing parts and teaching myself wireing as we don't have any caring auto elecs in the area that will work for less than a milloin bucks an hour also now the boxer cab man has upped his price funny somthing to do with scrap price nothing do do with the fact I need a door and his has been sitting in a cow paddock for ten years . maybe Sims metal rang him and offerd to collect it and pay him heeps .Bugger I hate it when its all about the money .I am working tomorrow but will ring in the next cople of days for a chat . Thanks Chris

More
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #4802 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Leyland
SCRAP DEALERS... this is becoming owe a to familiar song that is being herd a lot :'(
dont ya hate that :(

PAT.................
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by melonreo.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4803 by Andy Wright
Amazing how things that are considered worthless and are treated as such suddenly become encrusted in gold.

Cheers Chris, looking forward to chatting to you. Thanks Dave.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4804 by bobiknow
Replied by bobiknow on topic Re: Leyland
australian truck and parts at footscray should be able to help with the brake master cylinder it is a lockheed

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds