Skip to main content

Its Finished

More
15 years 5 months ago #5339 by JimmyDodge
Replied by JimmyDodge on topic Re: Its Finished
Barry, it looks fantastic mate! Two thumbs up! :) it must give you a great sense of achievement to have knocked the R190 over ,you certainly have inspired me to do a bit on that stinkin' old Dodge of mine!
(just have divert some funds past the' financial controller')
again top job.
regards Harleigh.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #5340 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Its Finished
Thankyou all for words of encouragement. 8-)
Dave the Bedford in the shed is part of Andy's load of ballast im dragging over.
Some trivial info I recorded doing up the 190.
I started on it in April 2006. Up to tonight I have spent 3091 hours on it. Marked my time on a white board every time I left the shed. Used 9 liters of red paint and 7 liters of yellow.
Used just about all of a 2400 x 1200 sheet of steel just with rust repairs
220 meters of electrical cable and ive nearly finished a bag of 500 cable ties.
Harleigh, if ive learned one thing with this project and that is have a go at everything yourself. Your Dodge once you have stripped it wont look as daunting and with patience and one job at a time you will end up with a cool ride. The best thing I did was to do a budget then got the budget amount sorted first before I started work that way I had no holdups trying to save some bucks for the next bit. If you can do it this way you wont get frustrated and walk away from it when the piggy is empty. Ive ended up about 3500 over budget which is not bad considering some of the crap ive had to deal with.
Ive got your Dodge glove box lid packed to bring over...It was you that was after one wasnt it ?
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 5 months ago #5341 by JimmyDodge
Replied by JimmyDodge on topic Re: Its Finished
Hi again Barry, mate , I think the glove box lid is for Glen.
He bought the Dodge D5N with the 'fridge van on the back with 6V53 in it, about the same time as I got mine. Mine has one, although I found it on the floor of the cab when it arrived up from Melbourne :-?
Thanks again for the advice, one thing is holding me up big time is the lack of a shed. I am hoping to start building my "mega shed" ( nowhere near as big as Swishy's) early next year, funds and wife permitting!
We have a small shed on our few acres but its full of our little tractor and its few implements and other stuff.
My son 'surprised' me by stripping the radiator and front guards, bumper and grille off the Dodge while I was away for work.
While I appreciated his efforts I sort of would liked to have been there as I am probably going to be the mug who has to put it back together!
I am prepared to to have a go at most things however I have found "that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing!" and I haven't been in my trade for 29 years and now have little in the way contacts, except for guys like yourself on the forum, prepared to help out a mug like me!
Anyway this is your time of triumph! enough about me.
Thanks Barry,
regards Harleigh

More
15 years 5 months ago #5342 by Bono
Replied by Bono on topic Re: Its Finished
Sweeeet ride Baz. Pulling some heads for sure i reckon. It's all in the detail and by the look of her, dosent look to be too many short cuts - lol

Congrats,

Cheers Bono.

15 years 5 months ago #5343 by
Replied by on topic Re: Its Finished
Hi Harleigh, i'm my 4th restoration and what Barry said is very true.

I always do the body work first as it can be heart breaking and you dont see much for all your work but once that is finished you can get on with the fun things such as > mechcanis and spraying etc as you can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Dave

More
15 years 3 months ago #5344 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Its Finished

thats the dogs bolloks mate. what the little box behind the cab?

ill be expecting it to make an appearance in dubbo.

-Monty

Monty,

Sentiments are echoed! Barry, you MUST bring her to Dubbo in 2010!

Joe

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds