Skip to main content

IH 345 V8

More
12 years 6 months ago #65185 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: IH 345 V8
I'd hazard a wild ass guess, And say.

Someone's put a inter cab/ect on a dodge Truck :-/

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #65186 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: IH 345 V8
maybe a brazilian? lol

More
12 years 6 months ago #65187 by andrewM
Replied by andrewM on topic Re: IH 345 V8
Hi Kenny mopar well i am not sure what it is any more as the cabin and frame are dodge but it has a IH frontend and a no 3 eaton 2 speed diff i can not find the engine number on it as people have told me where to look but i can not find it all i do know is that it has embossed on the block made in brazil on the lower rh side and that was cast in to the block at the time of making

1964 114 dodge&&

More
12 years 6 months ago #65188 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: IH 345 V8
Butch,, G'day Mate.

I'll bet you $10. ;D
You've got a Dodge truck.
That someone has put a IH frontend on. (guards bonnet, grill,ect)

But as always; will stand corrected ;)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
12 years 6 months ago #65189 by wgipps
Replied by wgipps on topic Re: IH 345 V8
how about some photos butch?

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?&qu

More
12 years 6 months ago #65190 by kenny-mopar
id say it is a dodge .. the brazilian engine only seemed to make it to Oz in the late 70s ..the engine is almost definatly a 318 and yes they were made in brazil by portugese speaking people.. since you have a 2 speed diff you should also have 20" spider wheels ...on the front "spiders" the international versions had 6 "spokes" the dodge versions only 5 spokes also the dodge gearbox will be a new process 540 ..you will find a tag that will say np540 by the way the dodge 318 engines have bigger balls than the 345 international boat anchors

More
12 years 6 months ago #65191 by andrewM
Hi Kenny thank you for the info it has dodge cab and front gaurds and front on the truck yes the wheels on the front are 6 spider it has been extened in the chasis by some 64 inchers giving it a 20foot tray it has all the dodge markings but i just can not find the engine number and i was just asking weather or not i may have been a IH as the front end has been changed as for photos i would but i can not see here on the HCVC how to up load pic's easy

1964 114 dodge&&

More
12 years 6 months ago #65192 by kenny-mopar
i think the engine number is on the front of the block just in front of where the cyl head ends . . you may have to clean the area first incase it is hidden with grease ...what year is the dodge on the rego sticker/rego papers?

More
12 years 6 months ago #65193 by andrewM
Hi Kenny it is a 1967 dodge 575 and i get this info from the chasis rail front left hand side but as we are now thinking it has a later modle engine in it it does have the np540 gear box in her

1964 114 dodge&&

More
12 years 6 months ago #65194 by wgipps
Replied by wgipps on topic Re: IH 345 V8
These are the photos Butch631 sent. There was 1 photo that didnt work - these are the 2 that did.

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?&qu

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds