Skip to main content

chevy truck 1954

• Topic Author
16 years 8 months ago #560 by
chevy truck 1954 was created by
dear members,cosmoplus here(newbie).i have a chev 1954 series 1100 3ton 235ci,which i am attempting to restore.i have a landscaping business and plan to use the old girl as a promotional work horse.i am desperately seeking various parts and was hoping somebody out there may be able to steer me in the right direction. cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #561 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: chevy truck 1954
Sounds like a good truck. Regarding parts the usual haunts are swap meets although ebay is handy too. Are you in a club? They often have a newsletter which can help with a wanted ad and the members will often keep an eye out for you if they know what parts you are after. th HCVC newsletter is sent to other clubs and has resulted in parts being made available for members for various prices.

Otherwise magazines such as Just Trucks, Just Parts etc are fairly cheap and there are often parts in them.

What sort of parts re you after? Mechanical parts may have been used for several years and many parts available off the shelf at a parts supplier that knows what they are doing. Body work and chrome trim etc may be available reproduction (often from the states) try a google search and see what comes up!

I hope this helps get you started. In my experience it will get frustrating at times but the end result is worth it.

bparo

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Topic Author
16 years 7 months ago #562 by
Replied by on topic Re: chevy truck 1954
thanks for those tips. i am sure they will steer me right. i am going to the swap meet at cannington dogs showground this saturday. i love these swapmeets, cant wait. i am joining a few clubs soon . very busy at the moment. cheers.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds