Skip to main content

the c line resto

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #93927 by newto
Replied by newto on topic Re: the c line resto
actually thats quite flattering that you think a 14" or 15 1/2" clutch is needed behind a cummins V504 swish......i know they put out lottsa grunt but that is being a little toooooo cautious.....
but thanks for the compliment ;)
newto
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by newto.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #93928 by v8 inter nut
Replied by v8 inter nut on topic Re: the c line resto
Yeah swishy you have gone and confused me more now I was planning on using a 14 inch single clutch plate :-/
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by v8 inter nut.

More
11 years 6 months ago #93929 by newto

Yeah swishy you have gone and confused me more now I was planning on using a 14 inch single clutch plate :-/

wasn't it originally a 13" single?????
newto

More
11 years 6 months ago #93930 by v8 inter nut
Replied by v8 inter nut on topic Re: the c line resto
14 inch single plate is what the old 5 speed had

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #93931 by
Replied by on topic Re: the c line resto

:'( :'( After a closer look a the gear box today it seems we have problems already. The handbrake set up doesn't seem to match up, the clutch parts are wrong and I haven't even opened the top of the box up yet! But the show must go on so after a long call to Eddie the box doctor I'm off to dubbo over the weekend to see what he can work out with the whole set up! Also all going well the mystery cummins guru will be popping in later in the week to squeeze all the power out of the big v8 ;)

emmo's the man for roadbags....what he dont know isnt worth worrying about.....if its do-able it will be done!!
as for squeezing power out of a cummins!!!....what planet are you on V8.........cummins just ooze power naturally,you must be getting confused with squishys brand that need their necks wrung.....i betta see if i can get you a copy of the "hummin' cummins" song.....so you can sing along while cruisin' the highways in top gear...... :D

newto

newto .. is that the tune with part of the song going.....''reeee-serve power for constant speed.....reee-serve power is what a trucker needs''.... etc, etc, blah, blah ....and towards the end is....''when you've got a hummin' cummins with reee-serve power comin' on'...

..they brought that tune out in the late seventies to co-incide with the release of the formula engines i think 8-) 8-)

More
11 years 6 months ago #93932 by newto

:'( :'( After a closer look a the gear box today it seems we have problems already. The handbrake set up doesn't seem to match up, the clutch parts are wrong and I haven't even opened the top of the box up yet! But the show must go on so after a long call to Eddie the box doctor I'm off to dubbo over the weekend to see what he can work out with the whole set up! Also all going well the mystery cummins guru will be popping in later in the week to squeeze all the power out of the big v8 ;)

emmo's the man for roadbags....what he dont know isnt worth worrying about.....if its do-able it will be done!!
as for squeezing power out of a cummins!!!....what planet are you on V8.........cummins just ooze power naturally,you must be getting confused with squishys brand that need their necks wrung.....i betta see if i can get you a copy of the "hummin' cummins" song.....so you can sing along while cruisin' the highways in top gear...... :D

newto

newto .. is that the tune with part of the verse going.....''reeee-serve power for constant speed.....reee-serve power is what a trucker needs''.... etc, etc, blah, blah ....and towards the end is....''when you've got a hummin' cummins with reee-serve power comin' on''.... ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

..they brought that tune out in the late seventies to co-incide with the release of the formula engines i think 8-) 8-)

Big D,
100% spot on........around 1977 i think......we did a snowy mountains ski weekend with a full bus load of cummins lansvale personnel and they played the sh*t outta that song on the bus cassette all the way there!
back when cummins had a social club by the way!!!!
ringing in my ears ever since.....
newto

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #93933 by
Replied by on topic Re: the c line resto
...you better type out the words for all the viewers newto.....they could have a good chuckle like you and me have just had ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 6 months ago #93934 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: the c line resto
"Cannonball"

Barrelin' down the highway, Wheelin' right along.
Hear the tires hummin', Hummin' out a song.
The rumble of the diesel, The shiftin' of the gears.
The rhythm when he's rollin', It's music to his ears.
Cannonball...!, Cannonball...!
Any kind of weather, Any time of day.
When the rig is ready, He'll be on his way.
He'll carry any cargo, He'll go anywhere.
Name the destination, And brother he'll be there.
Cannonball...!, Cannonball...!

LOL

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
11 years 6 months ago #93935 by newto

...you better type out the words for all the viewers newto.....they could have a good chuckle like you and me have just had ;D ;D ;D ;D

not sure if this will work but here goes.......
the link is....

newto

More
11 years 6 months ago #93936 by newto
and swish,after listening to that did you have a "double nickel smile" ?????????

if ya's did i knows ya listened to the WHOLE song......inspiring isn't it? ;)

newto 8-)

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds