Skip to main content

195? O model Bedford Long body,Short nose Help nee

More
11 years 6 months ago #96942 by Andrew M
I like the English cab much more that the Australian cab and would really like to see the original cab done up rather than the Australian cab.Have to wait and see if we can get a door though. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #96943 by Andrew M
Sorry guys, you'r right. Just went & looked at the friends long bonnet truck & it also has the Australian made cab. That's why I was confused on the doors not fitting. I have a genuine shop manual for the K,M & O models & the cabs do look all the same. Will try to post the pictures later showing the different models. (or she will)
Andrew
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Andrew M.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #96944 by Andrew M
Just remembered, while I'm sitting at the computer, does anyone know what I can do with the steering wheel? Same old story with it, gone hard & brittle & fell to bits. Can i get it repaired, do I have to fit a dodgy one to it or can I buy one?
Andrew
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Andrew M.

More
11 years 6 months ago #96945 by Andrew M

11 years 6 months ago #96946 by
Hi Andrew yes it can be repaired if most of it's still there with aproxy glue.

Grind out the cracks and fill them the glue and when dry re shape and paint it .

It will come up like new . Dave

More
11 years 6 months ago #96947 by Sarge
Andrew, you could try a google search, there are some very flash steering wheel repairs available... in any colour etc... too dear for me... but plenty of old beddies willing to donate parts...

Did you say what part of the world you play in??? :o

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
11 years 6 months ago #96948 by Andrew M
G-day sarge. Thanks for the tip. We're from Moree, northern N.S.W.
And thank you Dave. Just wonder what kind of apoxy glue to use. The steering wheel is pretty knackered, the spokes are down to the bare steel. However, I wonder with a bit of time & TLC if I could find the right glue to pour into a home made mould. Or is that a silly idea. I guess anything is worth a go. Seems steering wheels go hard & brittle after 40 years or so sitting in the sun

11 years 6 months ago #96949 by
If you would like to pm with your details me I might be able to get a fairly good one for you . Dave

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds