Skip to main content

1955 Commer Superpoise TB355

More
10 years 11 months ago #105272 by wouldyou
Hello J Bran, Your Commer is coming along well. When I put clear coat over spray chrome it went yellow, so rubbed it off and redid with the chrome. Original thinking was the clear would be a seal. Cheers David.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #105273 by JBran

Hello J Bran, Your Commer is coming along well. When I put clear coat over spray chrome it went yellow, so rubbed it off and redid with the chrome. Original thinking was the clear would be a seal. Cheers David.

Mine we dull with the clear coat, so each rim, both sides has 3 silver, 3 clear, and another 3 silver on top of the silver for the colour :) As I said above though, this will only be a temporary doing :)

More
10 years 11 months ago #105274 by Sarge
JBran in the picture from inside your shed there are some heavy drag marks leading out of the yard, was that you pushing the boss out or was it you being dragged out to do some bloody work???? ;D

Great to see your progress, like Swishy said.... but I am the other bloke... still driving it while it fades, rots and rusts away...gunna :'(.

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #105275 by Eddy

JBran in the picture from inside your shed there are some heavy drag marks leading out of the yard,

that'd be the tray ...

like Swishy said.... but I am the other bloke... still driving it while it fades, rots and rusts away...gunna :'(.

yup, that be me also ... :-/

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Eddy.

More
10 years 11 months ago #105276 by JBran
So, a bit more progress over the last couple of days with the cab being removed.

Next step is to remove the engine and gearbox (as one), along with the drive shafts and then the chassis will be pretty much ready to be taken to get blasted and undercoated. I will chuck on some other rims I have for that, so that these rims can get taken to get powdercoated later. The engine will also get a bit of treatment, and will be done (probably by me!! :-/ ) in engine enamel black.

Here's the piccys of the progress.. :) :D

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #105277 by Chocs
Thanks for the update pics on your project..
You are getting right into it, thats for sure..

Appreciate the updates, keep em coming.. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

chocs 8-)

More
10 years 11 months ago #105278 by Mrsmackpaul
you are certainly commited now hope it goes good for you as Im sure it will this stuff all takes time keep at it Paul [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 11 months ago #105279 by Coupeute
That tray is a heavy set of pasture harrows. :D

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
8 years 10 months ago #105280 by JBran
Well, it's been a while. Studying Agriculture at University...not much time for work on trucks :/

My Commer has been sitting in one of our sheds like this for the last while...except the engine is stored in another shed, having had most bits stripped off the outside for cleaning and painting and whatnot..:)

I also bought, and had delivered, this from down around Victor Harbour area, and plan to use some of the bodywork and various chassis parts. Only trouble is it is a lighter model so will have to do a lot of checking before transferring chassis parts...bodywork is the same!! Also has a different engine to my original truck, which has the OHV engine, which doesn't matter because I will stick with the OHV. The sidevalve engine in this truck is seized, which is a pitty because I was hoping to sell it as a running engine! Anyone have advice on unsticking engines, before I use a tractor to crank the starter handle! (after putting oil in the cylinders!) :) :P

Also, yes they are drag marks from the back wheels, the brakes are seized on!! (Pads have expanded!)

Hoping to get some work done on my chassis soon, weld up a crack and some holes in the top flange, and have new crossmembers made at an engineering place, and bolt back together (rivets had to be drilled out)

Does anyone know who is in charge of registration inspections or standards or whatever that is for the SA Branch of the club?

More
8 years 10 months ago #105281 by Murray
Jbran, you will find the Rego officer and his phone number listed in the Monitor, we have 3 registered authorising officers in the State so we have most of it covered.

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds