Inter D1310 steering box wanted urgent

More
14 years 8 months ago #13534 by Ol d1310
Yeah with about an inch to spare ;)

4x4 D1310

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13535 by Ol d1310
Ok just finished the steering on my rig.
All good now ;D

4x4 D1310

More
11 years 4 days ago #13536 by mad_as_hec
So do these d1310s have a reputation for a dud steering box? I was talking to a guy at the local Rego office technical department about running bigger tyres and he didn't have a problem with running 38x13 tyres (325/85r16) as the US models running the same ra15/fa52 diffs had a 38x9 factory tyre option. His only reservation was yheir reputstion for steering box problems. Any suggestions as yo info on upgtades?
Cheers
Hec

More
11 years 4 days ago #13537 by invested energy
Yeah I believe the steering box is a bit ordinary on these things. Dodge ones are better apparently. I'm looking to do power steer at some point...

So a 100 series cruiser is the go??

I'm keen to hear anyone who's looked at it

Closeup of that failure would be interesting... I know a metalurgist who might be able to answer some questions.

Cheers

for when I'm not driving the car of the century...

More
11 years 3 days ago #13538 by asw120
Those steering boxes are OK if you keep oil in them. They almost never do when you get them. The seal goes along with the lever shaft bush, all the oil leaks out, the pins seize up and wear flats on them.
They're supposed to use self-levelling grease, but you can't always get it. I use 600 W worm gear oil. Lift gearboxes go for 100 years running the stuff.....(OK the oldest one I service went in in 1927, but you get the idea)
Having said that, the worm and roller box in the D5N Dodges is so much nicer to use. My 200 years ago steered like a car. Any decade now that steering box is going in the ASW120. Watch out too, the Dodge column is longer!

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
11 years 3 days ago #13539 by swamprat
i broke a sector shaft on my 1310 4wd a few years ago , much the same as the one in the pictures , that truck appears to be running 20'' wheels , some one has had the wheels made up , i was running 15'' rims on mine with a fair amount of offset with 35'' muddies when i broke mine

D1510 International 4wd 6BT cummins power steer

More
11 years 3 days ago #13540 by hanknick
Hi, i have an inter AB150 2wd, have a spare pitman arm and box should you have any more probs. Nick Mclaren Vale SA

More
8 years 8 months ago #13541 by mad_as_hec
So has anyone heard from Brad "Ol D1310" lately? Trying to contact him about this old girl.

More
8 years 8 months ago #13542 by hayseed

So has anyone heard from Brad "Ol D1310" lately? Trying to contact him about this old girl.

The last time he was logged in here was October 2009..(nearly 6 years ago)..
So I'd hazard a guess, & say unless someone here actually knows Him personally. You've got no chanch of tracking him down.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
8 years 8 months ago #13543 by mad_as_hec
Yep. That's what I figured. Sent him a message on the email he registered with, might have to explore other options.

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds