Skip to main content

Inter ACCO 1970 C1820 V8 345 for sale (with pics)

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #146128 by Tank
I have this 1 owner 1970 ACCO C1820 5 speed box and 2 speed diff for sale.
Has a V8 345 which is a goer but needs carbie work.
It has an 18ft Tray with wood floor. Original nick.
Make a good restorer. $2000 or ONO

Inter Atkinson 4870 as is&&Inter C1840 restored&&Inter AB160 Tipper&&Inter C
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Tank.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #146129 by
Hi Tank .. you probably wouldn't get another one as original as this old girl...warts and all!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

...painted heaps of these old girls exactly pictured back in the late 1970's...and a lot were ex Courage Breweries...Lindsay Fox being the prime contractor for Courage at the time...

...best wishes with the sale mate....cheers

More
9 years 9 months ago #146130 by DragonWagon

More
9 years 9 months ago #146131 by geoffb
The beauty lots of these the panels are flat which makes repairs easier

More
9 years 9 months ago #146132 by Tank
The Better half loaded this up for me and now I realise she has told a fib.
It was actually originally owned by the PMG (the yellow paint is showing through) and then the Hanrahans which gave us the truck.
Sorry bout that. But it did look like orig to her with as noted the nice straight panels.

Inter Atkinson 4870 as is&&Inter C1840 restored&&Inter AB160 Tipper&&Inter C

More
9 years 8 months ago #146133 by chops
Hi My son chops has one like yours original condition also
only his is Ex Air force /fire truck V8 Auto people ask about the engine is it 345 or 365 he has the better motor what sort of price to sell

More
9 years 8 months ago #146134 by asw120
Hi Chops' Mum, I see you have it now on Gumtree. I would have thought it's a fair price, but one way to find out the going price is to stick it on ebay with a $1 starting bid and set a reserve (so you don't lose it for a paltry amount).
Whatever the bids get up to is what someone was willing to pay for it on that particular week.
Don't forget that old/collector vehicles can take a while to sell sometimes. Advertising on several media will get more exposure.
The engine, if V8 petrol should be a 345.

Good luck, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
9 years 8 months ago #146135 by mammoth
Jarrod. I would suggest that setting a reserve on ebay is not the way to go as people have learnt the hard way and don't bother to bid on something that is probably not for sale (which is just what you advised) anyway. People set up reserves on ebay to get insurance values or settle family squabbles etc and if it gets a bid for a squillion everyone is happy. Best bet is to set the starting bid at your reserve and it either sells or doesn't.

More
9 years 8 months ago #146136 by Bugly

Best bet is to set the starting bid at your reserve and it either sells or doesn't.

Yep, what mammoth said!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
9 years 8 months ago #146137 by bparo
That's how I buy and sell on EBay too. I hate reserve auctions. If you want to sell it and have a minimum you will take for it start the auction there.

Even if you don't know what it's worth there will be a minimum price you will take for it even if it is 99 cents.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds