Skip to main content

3 Leyland 400 and 1 GM371 engines

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #171052 by Mairjimmy
Located in Corowa NSW,
Phone David 0408 122423
Leylands are runners and he didn't say the GM wouldn't go, no prices said but he is keen to get rid of it. So if you need some thing and be a bit reasonable you will most likly get it

He had a shed full of engine parts gear boxes, Leyland mostly but he also said 282 6 cyclinder Inter engine bits and who would know what else was in there, he opened the door and I wouldn't go in I thought he might want me to take phot's of it all, There was a Lister air cooled engine there, never seen one before I thought it was a Deutz, you can see it behind the blue 400 engine, just.
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Mairjimmy. Reason: add

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #171054 by Mrsmackpaul
The Austin Gypsy behind the GM is the go if anyone is looking for something rarer

very cool stuff there Colin

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 10 months ago #171114 by ray
[IMG
, if you are into Austin Gypsys here is a pic of my daughters one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
7 years 10 months ago #171117 by Mrsmackpaul
my neighbor had two in a shed when we farmed at Kerang I had to ask what they were I had never seen or heard of them before and there was no such thing as google back then I would think they are pretty thin on the ground these days

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 10 months ago #171129 by ray
We used to race one in 4WD mud racing, I put a Range Rover V8 in it and it went well but braking/handling left a bit to be desired. We collected a total of 7 over the years and used them as spares and also to rebuild my daughters one. Rust was their biggest problem plus the suspension travel wasn't the best. Most of the ones that came to Australia went to Qld, with Qld rail getting around 400 of them so we were told. I did see a couple at a wreckers in Townsville some years ago but about all that was left was rolling chassis.

More
7 years 10 months ago #171149 by ute253
Dave's go 3 gypsys in the yard there

Diamond T P3320 x 2&&Studebaker US6 6x6&&HQ GTS Coupe&&HQ ute&&HG ut

More
7 years 10 months ago #171150 by Mairjimmy

Mrsmackpaul wrote: The Austin Gypsy behind the GM is the go if anyone is looking for something rarer

very cool stuff there Colin

Paul

Paul I have been a bit slack this week on here, yes there is another Gypsy in the yard but it is sold, he has the money for it but the bloke never been back to pick it up, that one there is only good for parts, every thing in the yard is for sale, wants it all gone
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds