Skip to main content

Of Interest to at Least One Forum Member

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #237529 by Lang
Yet another rare vehicle being destroyed by a hot rod wanker.

He says it can be restored to its former glory while keeping the cab !

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Lang.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #237534 by Dave_64
Keeping the cab, they are getting like hens teeth at least for one in any reasonable condition.
Dunno what you'd make out of the rest, maybe a "hot rod".
Come to think of it, just what does a " hot-rodded" truck constitute??

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #237536 by PDU
Perhaps Lang could be stirring the pot because of your engine swap?

And other mods . . . :unsure: :cheer:
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by PDU.

More
1 year 9 months ago #237541 by Lang
To each his own. I have no problem with mechanical swaps and upgrades keeping a vehicle basically original looking but destroying a complete rare (and aren't they all getting that way) vehicle to get a body, which will then in turn be chopped until hardly recognizable really peeves me.

I recently rang a bloke who had removed a 1946 Dodge cab to chop and stick on a Holden 1 tonner to get some parts to be told he had taken the complete running remaining vehicle to the scrappies because "it was taking up too much space". This is happening daily at a seemingly accelerating pace , we are even stripping USA reserves by importing old vehicles with the direct intention of chopping them up as our reserves disappear.

The argument "It is theirs to do with as they like" is not entirely true as they are an important part of our society and history otherwise why save heritage buildings and have libraries, museums,, national parks. There is many of the very last example of a particular model or body style in existence sitting with the roof chopped and the front guards or even the entire front bodywork plus the entire rolling chassis and engine thrown in the tip. Just part of the "me" society I suppose.

Rant finished over and out. (And there is another one, in radio procedure it is either over or out not both together. Over means "your turn" in the middle of a conversation and out means "I am hanging up".)

I am on a roll this morning! Better go and have some breakfast and a cup of coffee,

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Tacho, wee-allis, xspanrman, PDU, oliver1950

More
1 year 9 months ago #237544 by V8Ian
Totally with you on the radio protocol, Lang; the other one that bugs me is "Roger that".
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
1 year 9 months ago #237545 by Dave_64
Just on this particular vehicle, I didn't read or at least couldnt find any reference to the seller keeping the cabin and flogging off the rest for "hot rodding or rat rodding!" If the full add says otherwise, IDSTBC
Perhaps it may be something as simple as he had bought a second unit needing only a cabin to rebuild and all else is surplus?
I did exactly that and IF ever I finish, I'll have no hesitation in jettisoning off all the extras.

I know there are purists, seen many examples here on this forum, "rivet counters" who would search patiently for a correct part to turn up and then drive halfway across the country to obtain it.
Seen blokes also on here go the other extreme, stuffing all sorts of engines into vehicles.
To each his own, I say!
Do whatever you like, as long as it fits within whats acceptable with the licensing authorities.
Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, 180wannabe

More
1 year 9 months ago #237549 by Lang
I had not thought about it before but here is a human who has been hot rodded.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, vicbittertoo

More
1 year 9 months ago #237554 by wee-allis
That's how they get monsters for horror movies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, oliver1950

More
1 year 9 months ago #237564 by hayseed
Unfortunately you can't save or restore everything..
Far better for the Cab & various other Bits having a second Life in some form or another... !! Than the whole thing being Scrapped..!!
just my 2 cents worth..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
1 year 9 months ago #237583 by mammoth
Seed, point is these jokers watch too much American video and think it's a piece of cake to build their dream, never mind get it registered. They scrap the original chassis and drive line, then a bit further down the track they scrap whats left so there is no second life.
As Lang has alluded to Aussies are pretty slow to cherish their heritage, maybe something to do with many being immigrants and not connecting with that heritage. At the end of the day got to put your money where your mouth is either as individuals or as a community effort via museums etc.

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds