Skip to main content

1983 Uncommon Kenworth

More
1 year 3 months ago #243395 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic 1983 Uncommon Kenworth
McCollough's Car Carrying at Wagga had a Batch of Single Drive L700's.

They sold out to Finemores in the late 80's early '90s. They ended up with quite few Single drive L700's..

they even had them on Meat Cartage..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #243403 by KelOz
Replied by KelOz on topic 1983 Uncommon Kenworth
Hi Hayseed mine is one of them I remember the truck and bus had them on the front cover said finemores take carrbage trucks intr state i think there were 12 or 15 ordered smiths in gympie did the car frames and someone told me brown and hurley did the half sleeper in kyogle as i say they got pretty long leggs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
1 year 3 months ago #243407 by squeak
Replied by squeak on topic 1983 Uncommon Kenworth
drove one for Finemores on local in Sydney about 96-97 I think L10 with spicer 14 speed and yes has long legs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
1 year 3 months ago #243411 by KelOz
this one had a ten speed spicer was wore out couldnt get bits for it so stuck a 15 speed in it hard facing was gone off couple of gears, was a nice box to use if you did swishes pull it in and out on the splits
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 year 2 months ago #243464 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic 1983 Uncommon Kenworth
L700 ...

TNT had the first ones here on front lift waste collection. The were actually Canadian built in the ex Sicard, Kenworth/Peterbilt plant ... In St. Therese (sp?) ... I'd have to check my stuff to confirm the factory but I'm sure it was there ...

This was all before they started building them here

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

More
1 year 2 months ago #243466 by KelOz
Hi Werkhorse how are you? i think it was an early truck and bus like 1986 feb ,march they had the article on finemores taking garbbage truck interstate front cover, cause mine has sept 1985 on build plate

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
1 year 2 months ago #243468 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic 1983 Uncommon Kenworth
Bit more fuel for the fire

A low cab 'S' model Kenworth

WotSezU?

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH, Southbound, wee-allis

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #243499 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic 1983 Uncommon Kenworth

Hi Werkhorse how are you? i think it was an early truck and bus like 1986 feb ,march they had the article on finemores taking garbbage truck interstate front cover, cause mine has sept 1985 on build plate

The TNT Garbage truck on the cover of Truck &Bus was 83/84 from memory ... I'll hunt through my collection tonight and get an exact date and get back to you

Edit: I forgot I had the info on my ...

1982 L700 chassis number 701092 Fleet number 2WD135
1982 L700 chassis number 701093 Fleet number 2WD137

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by werkhorse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 year 2 months ago #243507 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic 1983 Uncommon Kenworth
One I owned many years ago. pretty sure the blke bought it for using on the Tarcutta bypass. 13 years ago to be exact. God time flies. And we are getting old.

McCullochs had them on car carriers, then bought out by Finemore,they did a good job for quite a few years I believe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Inter-Action, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, Southbound, wee-allis

More
1 year 2 months ago #243512 by KelOz
Werkhouse you are probably right.the build plate on this one is 85 it still has the old style shaft gear linkage before i got it from melb i had a look at one still being run up here by toll {bad memory they took over finemores that right?} and it had the cable gear seltor in it so it must have been later, only differnce i could see was the shifter plus it was knocked around a lot more inside

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds