Skip to main content

Lorry was For Sale

More
7 months 1 week ago #248208 by cobbadog
Lorry was For Sale was created by cobbadog
As some may well know I had decided to sell Lorry. So I made a sign up to hang off the bull bar at our Rusty Iron Rally on the Fathers Day weekend. I never got an enquiry at all which did surprise me. So on Friday afternoon I listed him on FaceAche and got a positive reply of a buyer and wanted to come over first thing Saturday morning to buy Lorry. At first I thought  of a tyre kicker b ut he did sound very keen offering to deposit the money Friday night. I said no lets wait until tomorrow. He arrived on time armed with a unregistered permit as I advertised that Lorry is on Club  rego and I have to hand the plates in. In under 15 minutes he put the cash on the tray. So I removed the plates counted the money and did the paper work and away Lorry went and he never even wanted a test drive just paid up and went. In the afternoon he sent me a message saying he is so happy with Lorry and is far better than he was hoping for. I knew that but when selling anything it all sounds like bullshit when you tell people how good it is. I struggled to think of anything that was wrong with him when we spoke on the phone and he kept asking and I could not think of an issue. 
Long story short he will be going back on Club rego again through the Wauchope Club and he now lives over Gloucester way at the moment.  It was sad to see him leave the driveway and head off down the street and now leaves a vacant spot in the back yard. Dee cried seeing him go and I too miss him but it was time to move him along.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, Normanby, PaulFH, Pierre, asw120, V8Ian, xspanrman, PDU and 2 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #248214 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic Lorry was For Sale
Well done Cobba.

I wonder if the published history of it here helped build the buyers confidence prior?   
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
7 months 1 week ago #248218 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Lorry was For Sale
I have no idea about that but his name does not pop up here and he is new to this side of the Island so not too sure. I do know he was about to buy a 4 cylinder Iveco with a turbo and as soon as he saw Lorry he was counting out the money then. Seems to be a nice bloke and is genuine about getting him back on Club plates as the paperwork to join a Club has been posted already. I handed the plates in today so he wont have any issues getting him back on the road.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds