Skip to main content

Wanted - Kenworth W,K S2 for vintage collection

More
More
14 years 1 month ago #25174 by msjones70
ive got a 1972 k125 with a 335hp 855 cumins 15spd in reasonable nic only wanting about 12 grand or open to offers un reg as is ph 0432254665 mick nth qld

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #25175 by Pumpa
Ay There NTC BigCam

There is a SH2 I've just updated under the heading of Bangers and Mash;to be Auctioned off in Goulburn NSW on the 15 May
it might be what you don't want and more
903 Cummins
15 speed RR
torsion bar
Ratio=approx73mph@2800RPM 10.00 tyres

Sorry mate i don't know how to split the pictures for you
it took a long time to put those pics up there way back then

More
14 years 1 month ago #25176 by TonyD
Hi NTC,
I saw, sometime ago, an early S2 all in pieces ready to be reassembled. Problem is, it was on ebay starting at a low price and got no bid. I didn't keep contact detail as I don't have the time. Keep eyes and ears open as you might stumble over it. Sorry I can't help further.
Cheers, Tony

More
14 years 1 month ago #25177 by TonyD
NTC

Yep Alzimers is setting in.

It might help you to know the S2 was in Toowoomba.

Cheers, forgetful Tony

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #25178 by NA
Bump :)

Still looking - found this ole girl not to far away on truck world, haven't seen it in person yet, there's a problem with that front wheel, photo doesn't do a lot of justice.

Engine is listed as 230hp ?? Hopefully it's an old 855 Cummins S/C that can be bumped up a little. Not going to pull much with that kinda HP. Good neat looking rig, 15speed R/R, looks like 44's and walking beam.

That front hub missing a cleat "maybe cracked hub/broken stud" is the only thing I can find wrong.

A ;)
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by NA.

More
13 years 10 months ago #25179 by bigcam
It's not exactly cheap NTC, I reckon you could leave it 6 months and it'll still be there. The old Cab Overs aren't that popular. Take it for a decent drive, and once your used to sitting directly over the front axle, with a spring pack that doesn't do much, you maybe wondering how the cabins stay together on those things.
NTC 230 is a small motor, I'm not sure, but you maybe able to get 270hp out of it. The front hubs are Malco, which would have replaced the cracked or broken Gunite ones it would have come out with.
Try putting Kenworth K 125 or similar into the Truckhub web site, you'll find one of those things for less than half of the price on the screen of that one, or better still, find something with a bonnet, if you want to do any travelling in it.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #25180 by NA
Hey Bigcam

Spot on mate, the Kenworth pictured has been listed for a while now, I'm not all that keen spending that kind of money on an old truck which may need hubs and possibly other major work unless the price suits the vehicle.

I can relate to what you mean about the roughness of a cab-over, I drove a K series Aerodyne, sometimes without a trailer between jobs, one particular wharf had huge speed-humps which was a pain in the arse - or should that be head ;) :).

I just missed out on a bonneted W series Kenworth in QLD, 16.5K = spewing :-/ >:( Only listed for a little while too on truckhub.

I'm trying to find an old truck that is in reasonable nick as I'm not in a position to do major work or a restore. Seen lots of screamers, not many Cummins at the moment and although some Cats were good I'd rather not go that way.

Its just a process to keep looking and asking round, the reason I thought I'd bump this one up.

I like the look of that old S2 in Adelaide, but 27K = holy s**t that's getting outa budget.

Something might pop up after Alice too ;).

A ;)
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by NA.

More
13 years 10 months ago #25181 by JnrMack

More
13 years 10 months ago #25182 by bigcam
Couple of good ones in the latest "Just Trucks" if you want to go a bit more up market and by a White. There's a White 9000 single drive, airbag rear, 250 Cummins (makes the wrong niose :() for about $9,000, and an early Road Boss for $ $8,000. You could be riding in style NTC.

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds