Skip to main content

Wanted - Kenworth W,K S2 for vintage collection

More
14 years 1 month ago #25163 by NA
Hey guy's

I'm looking for a pre 81 Kenworth, engine preference NTC S/C-B/C Cummins, with anything in the R/R selection, a 13 speed would be nice.

Trying to stay away from torsion bars, would prefer a sprung back end (Hendrickson) with good high ratios around 3.7.

I'm not asking much hey ;) something that fits the above description would probably be a hard find.

Feel free to give me a PM if you have any info.

My location - Hunter Valley NSW

Cheers

A ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 1 month ago #25164 by Swishy

NTC BigC
GuddayM8
well cum to the 4um
LOL

Have U tried hitn dealz on Wheelz
I did a quik search n found this beast
so ifn U got time narro down your search for the beast u want
if it aint there try again in aMonths time
http://tcimages.net/DisplayImage.aspx?PD=21726553&S=IS&wmin=truckhub

Clik here 4 th@ beast

let us kno wotcha find

n remember
There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 1 month ago #25165 by NA
Hey Swishy, thanks for the welcome M8, great to meet another Kenworth enthusiast ;) !!

Truckhub/ebay etc has been a good source, took a liking to that S2 at Cummins in S.A "never knew there was a place by that name in OZ :D" the old thing has a 903 and torsion bar rear end which I rather not have. The price is reasonable at 27.5K.

I'm also scanning Just Trucks magazine when I can pick one up.

Missed out on the other S2 a few months ago that Paccar had in Melbourne = BUGGA !!

So I'm putting my feelers out there seeing what might come up. I'm trying to keep the financial side of things around the 25K mark.

If I wait for a year I might get my Kenny Aerodyne :), that is if I don't spend it in the meantime ............. loll.

Nearly scored an Aerodyne in the Melbourne area which had a 3406b cat, blue in colour and from memory was reduced to 28K.

Biggest problem is getting unregistered trucks through 2 states on permits which is a nightmare. Wish I had a friend with trade plates :(.

Its all fun.

Cheers buddy

A ;)

More
14 years 1 month ago #25166 by bigcam
NTC, keep your eye on the general truck auctions. GM 2 strokes seriously devalue a truck, but for a toy there OK, I would have thiought you'd should get an S2 with a GM in it for under 10 grand, I bought a roughy with a 903 in it a few years ago for $3,500. It's the old story take your time and something will come up.

More
14 years 1 month ago #25167 by NA
Good advice Bigcam :) !

I've been putting out my feelers to see what's around, didn't mind that S2 in SA on truckhub, but like you said, good things come to those who wait, I'm sure something will turn up.

I'm looking at how much red tape and B.S is involved to obtain permits, I've seen a few good Kenworths in Melbourne, all unreg, the price to float from there to the Hunter Valley NSW is a no goer.

It's only early days yet though ;)

A ;)

More
14 years 1 month ago #25168 by melonreo
i have a farmer friend who has a cab over with a 8V92 in it , its EX highway jigger has twin snooffa,s up over the roof out the front, not sure if it is a K123 or K125 , i am sure it is not the small cab, but it has the old dash (not wrap around)all white in colour , only done havest work for this fella , good honest old banga he wants some where around 15K and is about 70KM north of Narranderra

More
14 years 1 month ago #25169 by davjoh
a T601 with a sleeper went for $29 grand at ritchies auction last thursday with cummins N14

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #25170 by NA

i have a farmer friend who has a cab over with a 8V92 in it , its EX highway jigger has twin snooffa,s up over the roof out the front, not sure if it is a K123 or K125 , i am sure it is not the small cab, but it has the old dash (not wrap around)all white in colour , only done havest work for this fella , good honest old banga he wants some where around 15K and is about 70KM north of Narranderra

Thank you for the post melonreo, I've sent an email to you for more info.

A ;)
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by NA.

More
14 years 1 month ago #25171 by cribotow
hi NTC this one,s in Forbes
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/cribpointtowing/Copy2ofpicsfrom09qldwe018.jpg?t=1269679649http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/cribpointtowing/Copy2ofpicsfrom09qldwe019.jpg?t=1260098815

&&Grasp

More
14 years 1 month ago #25172 by crackers
gday buddy we have a s2 1971 single drive for sale chassis no 27 v671 gm 15 speed road ranger all original first bonneted kenworth built in australia at bell street preston victoria its for sale half restored selling due to other commitments give us a call on 0414591490 thanks crackers

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds