Skip to main content

Wanted: Some Trilex Tubless Rims for Trilex hubs

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #25549 by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman
Hi all, M.A.N & a few other Euro makes fitted trilex hubs to their trucks. I've heard good & bad stories but I am restoring my 1968 M.A.N 650F to have the original Trilex hubs as I like the look better than the 10 stud, and it came with Trilex. I am happy to modify it to use tubeless rims, but these are found near rocking horse poo & truffles. After being told that I will never find any, I just asked a local bus owner if he happened to have any old Trilex stuff, hoping for the tyre levers, he had 6 tubeless rims made by Michellen. I'm hoping for 6 more. I'm patient: could be the Easter bunny, or could be Santa that comes up with some. I don't mind.
Below is a pic of the trilex hubs which use the 3 piece rim, I don't have a pic of the tubless rims but if you have tubeless rims which won't fit on spider hubs, throw them my way. Happy to pay fair price.
The front hubs are hydraulic, rear are air but there is a butchered Eaton No.4 at the rear with no centre, I want to convert back to Trilex so this Bogie drive set up can be used (hence need more rims). Used be an IPEC contractors truck, & has an upright 6cyl MAN D08 Diesel & 12 spd Pogo stick shift ZF gearbox.
[IMG
[IMG
[IMG
[IMG

Thanks,
Stephen, Sth West Sydney, NSW

Kind Regards
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #25550 by mammoth
Steve. I am wrecking a Fiat 619 which has trilex rims on the front so parts are available at Rothbury. I had assumed they were interchangeable with spider rims, obviously not

More
14 years 1 month ago #25551 by Coupeute
Have you been out to All Trans Spares at Yarramundi. They have a bush wrecking yard. All sorts of stuff out there.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
14 years 1 month ago #25552 by Jake Brake
Hi Stephen, I have one trilex rim, its yours if you want it.
Ray

White the greatest name in trucks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #25553 by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman
Thanks Ray,
I have a friend coming to stay from Melbourne for Easter & I will see if he can pickup.
Coupeute: I went to All trans. Barry there explained they run a business & 10 years ago, when no one was asking about the really old stff, they scrapped heaps. They have nothing much for my MAN 650F, just too old for them. Still some trilex axles there & that is where my Trilex bogie is from, and they have some 3 piece Trilex rims, but I really am after tubeless trilex rims ( a single passenger seat & frame).
Thanks everyone.

Kind Regards

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds