Skip to main content

253 Tk BEDFORD F0R SALE

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #26086 by foden mad
Truck is on gas, has twin tanks, new brakes tyers and kingpins and exhaust, 5mm steel bevertail tray, 16 inch wheels. It is a 1980 model fitted with the heavyduty factory v8, and has an aluminium bullbar. Will post a pic when i figure out how to. Truck is in Emerald Victoria.
Phone 0410159457

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #26087 by
Replied by on topic Re: 253 Tk BEDFORD F0R SALE
When this model was produced, they were actually known as the "E" series. I have one identical, they're a good little truck, and very fast. The 253 pulls like a train, but you can't over-rev them, they will break conrods at the big end, and explode. GMH give big warnings about how you must not exceed 4500 RPM for an extended period. I've blown up one of these blue 253's, by hammering it, pedal to the metal, and I can tell you, they make a spectacular blow-up .. :D ;D

The 253 in the Bedfords is a totally different engine to the Holden cars and utes. They use a different cam, a heavy-duty cast iron water pump with 2 belts driving it, a heavy duty oil pump, low compression pistons, a much heavier flywheel, and the block is bored to take the TurboHydramatic 400 transmission bolt pattern, which was normally only used on the 308's fitted to the Statesmans. The standard Holden 3 & 4 speed manual transmission bolt pattern is different.
The main thing these trucks need is a 5 speed cogbox, the 4 speed box has such terrible ratios, and is like a 5 speed with 4th gear missing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds