Skip to main content

Inter D1810 - free(ish)!! :)

More
13 years 11 months ago #29386 by wgipps
Hi again all,

Its Sat morning so ill type a big post for you all to read with your breakky.

The time has come for me to offload one of my projects.

I have a D1810 that i was going to make into a flat bed carrier but i think it is best to go to a good home. It is project number 4 or 5 or something so it will be a while before i do anything with it.

Is it free? yes - but there is a catch - its more a trade.

D1810
Reg label says 1973 International Tray
Wheelbase 171"
GVM 11350 GCM 19400 Tare 3850
Plates say manufactured Apr 1973

The bad points first.
Its an early D series so the interior is almost identical to the C series.

The bonnet is cactus and has already been removed.

It doesnt go. 6 cyl 282. I have turned it over and there is a terrible noise from the front crank area so the engine is dead. I have started to pull the front clip off and there is only a couple of bolts left before it comes off and you can get an engine hoist onto it and remove it.

Had rust in the usual places. Not a great deal (have seen lots worse) but it was there.

The good points
6 really good tyres - retreads but excellent. 9 x 20" all round.
Gearbox - Eaton T35 5 speed (condition unknown)
Diff - 2 speed Eaton - condition unknown.

Just had the cab worked on by panel beater so all the rust spots are fixed - glass and bog only but professional.

Some extras to sweeten things a bit
I will provide a 6 cyl IH 282 engine - really good condition. Runs, goes real well, have driven with it for a while and hasnt missed a beat. You can drive this engine to see for yourself.

I will provide a choice of bonnets - a pristine D series bonnet - 100% no rust. OR you can have a Dodge bonnet in 95% condition - small amount of surface rust but near perfect regardless.

I will provide a 4 speed gearbox with the 6 cyl engine - its goes well and you can have it as a spare.

I will provide a large and heavy duty bull bar - it came off a D series IH but i have lost the mounting brackets. Anyone with a small amount of steel experience will be able to knock up 2 to fit easily.

I will also provide rubber floor mat in VGC - lots of people looking for these at present.

Now, the catch......
Im in a bit of a complex situation, but bear with me to explain. It sounds worse than it is.

I am almost to the point of getting my number 1 project to RWC, but i need some bits to finish.

Firstly I need at least 4 good tyres. Unfortunately they are the 17" very rare variety. So i am thinking either 6 20" rims (non spider type) with roadworthy tyres should do the trick. Or i have been told that Isuzu NPR 16" rims will slide straight on - so 6 of them with roadworthy tyres might work as well.

Secondly, Im gonna need a day or 2 of help in the future.

My plan is to get my No. 1 project RWC and registered and then do some modifications. The current 6cyl and 4 speed box are coming out and a 392 V8 and Allison auto are going in.

I know that i wont be able to totally fit the V8 and get it going but i want to get it in and seated.

In essence this is the deal.
You give me the 17" tyres or 6 20" or 16" rims with RWC tyres. You can take the D1810 as is (you will need to tow it).

When i have my no. 1 project truck RWC and Reg, you come back, help me take out the engine, gearbox, radiator (and any other small bits that need to come out) and help me fit the 392 and auto (again with any other bits). You can have all the other bits mentioned above.

This is going to be a first in best dressed situation - id prefer not to haggle.
Im in west Gippsland between Pakenham and Warragul.
I have no particular time line for any of this - but the sooner the better.

OR - I will also swap the truck for 6 new 17" tyres.

Anyway, thats about it.
Im on 0458 254 560 if you want to discuss.

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?&qu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #29387 by wgipps
Hi all,
I just want to freshen this post up for you all again.
I did have a guy come out, have a look at it all and agree to the deal but he has fallen off the face of the earth....so i guess i will put it up again.
He said my #1 project only needs 2 tyres for RWC - although im still thinking 3 or 4.
Also, he said he could do the engine swap in 1 day and that the engine to go in had all the right parts for an easy install.
BTW - he did say that the 2 speed diff in the truck was a Rockwell not an Eaton.
So i offer it up again - i think it is a really good deal.
Cheers
Glenn 0458 254560

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?&qu

More
13 years 10 months ago #29388 by kennymopar2
it is a nice truck .. i have a soft spot for any dodge or inter with spider wheels ..

More
13 years 10 months ago #29389 by Aussiehooker
hi need actual tyre size the numbers and ply rating i will give you a call sounds like a done deal thanks don

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds