Skip to main content

Chev C30 chassis complete (less engine)

More
13 years 8 months ago #33319 by Skidd
Hi All, I have a 1980 Chev C30 set of running gear for sale, it was a running truck up until about 5 years ago and is basically the complete truck less the cabin and engine. I was planning on using this to power a 40s chev but have taken another path.

Included is: Chassis, gearbox (4 speed manual), diff, prop shaft, all suspension and steering components and brake booster and a pretty ratty timber tray.

Looking for $1500 - pick up in Melbourne.

Cheers,

Andrew - 0409 534 831

[hr]&&No matter what the cause

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #33320 by Skidd
Mmmm... am I asking for too much? Or is there just no demand?

13 years 8 months ago #33321 by
Andrew

Post a picture of what you have we can then say if it's to much.

Trevor

More
13 years 6 months ago #33322 by rockcrawler31
I'd love to take it off your hands for my maple leaf but i just can't think how i'd get it up to siddany.

so what are you going to put under the chev now?

I've got the truck

More
13 years 6 months ago #33323 by Skidd
Milo, I've gone back to the plan of putting the cab on a smaller chassis. The idea of the project was to give me something historical "looking" and in our company livery that I could drive on a regular basis. The company I work for has been around since 1877 so we have plenty of automotive history that I could base a 40s ute on.

In the end I didn't warm to the idea of a dual wheel, long wheel base project and I managed to pick up an original 40s era 1 1/2 ton pick up chassis that was perfect for the project.

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #33324 by
Skidd - Well, my .02c worth is that a small truck chassis, axles and tranny, along with a knackered tray is worth no more than about $300-500, with the value variation depending on the tyre condition.

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear .. but it's an unfortunate fact of life that old trucks and their parts aren't worth a great deal.
I am constantly surprised at the low selling prices of a lot of stuff .. even fully restored items.

I buy and sell a lot equipment items and parts, and have done for many years, so I'm up to date with values. The bottom line is, that what you're selling has low value, because of very limited demand for what you're selling .. because it's largely incomplete, and not a model that's in demand.

Most sellers part with complete trucks for less than the price you're asking.
You could get more money by selling the individual parts separately, such as axles, tranny, wheels .. but that will take you a lot longer to quit them.

Cheers - Ron.

More
13 years 4 months ago #33325 by Skidd
Replied by Skidd on topic SOLD!!
SOLD!! Thanks for looking.

I would have edited the heading, but doesn't look like I can. :(

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds